We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel recommendations

Which Quito hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hotel recommendations

We are planning a two week tour, of inland and amazon,ending in quito, can anybody recommend a hotel for a relaxing two night stay after what might be a very tiring 16 days travelling. We would like somewhere with a pool preferably.

Thank you in advance

Yvonne

Northern California
Level Contributor
785 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel recommendations

The Marriott is lovely and has every comfort. It has far more charm and local flavor than an average Marriott. It is also dirt-cheap by London standards. One thing: at an altitude of +/- 9500 feet, Quito may not have much "pool" weather.

Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel recommendations

We just returned from a wonderful stay at San Jorge Hosteria (www.hostsanjorge.com.ec) which is a renovated monastery. It is a little rustic but very comfortable and serves wonderful ecuadorian food. they do have a swimming pool, however, it is outside and the temps are quite cool because of the altitude. they also have a not-quite-hot enough hot tub. if you request a room in the lower building, you can have a cozy fire built in your room each evening. this is a real ecuadorian experience.

if you want a more generic americanized experience in a truly lovely and luxurious setting, try the Swissotel with indoor-outdoor pool and waterfall. lacks charm, but has all the amenities. have fun, it's a wonderful country!

betsy

Northern California
Level Contributor
785 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel recommendations

The pool at the Marriott is outside. The spa is inside.

alabama
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel recommendations

Stay at the Marriott!! It is very nice. Staff is great. You will want a little pampering when you finish the trip before Quito.

Northern California
Level Contributor
785 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel recommendations

If you do decide to stay at the Marriott, I would recommend the club floor. The lounge has a great view, and good internet service (assuming that you are not taking a laptop).

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel recommendations

take a look at hostal santa barbara in the floresta neighborhood just below mariscal -has an outdoor pool,is about 3 blocks from the swiss hotel, half the cost of the marriott (top hotel in the city at $169+22% taxes, breakfeast ), and solid tripadvisor reviews. but, of course, the pound goes twice as far as the dollar.

london
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel recommendations

Thank you so much everybody for your help, we have found your recommendations really helpful.

Thanks again

Yvonne

Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel recommendations

Hi,

If you want to try a inexpensive hotel. Hotel Quito is a great value for your money. It has a great pool and wonderful views. Can have some air traffic noise, but it stops at night.

new york
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel recommendations

Hi Yvonne,

Is your tour with GAP adventures? I am going on that one starting March 15. Have you been already? If so, please fill me in.

Thanks,

Liz

london
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel recommendations

Hi Liz,

Our trip is with GAP, but we are not travelling until August. It seems like a really good tour, I hope you have a wonderful time.

I think we may now be staying at a coastal region for the last few days. I have been looking at Salinas, but not yet booked that part of the trip. It would be great if you let us know how you get on.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Yvonne