We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
170 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good location for apartment

My family and I will be in Quito for 3 weeks and hope to rent an apartment versus staying in a hotel. Via Trip Advisor I have found a site with a good number of apartments listed but the question is location. These apartments claim to be in Colonial Quito (is this the same as the old city?). Is this a good location to settle into for three weeks. Are there plenty of things to do within walking distance, sights, markets, restaurants etc? Is public transportation easily accessible to other areas? Is it safe? I know it's a big city but just don't want to be stuck in a lovely apartment in a location that just isn't convenient. Thanks

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Good location for apartment

Thank you all for your feedback -- especially the map which will be very helpful as I sort this all out. Still checking out all these websites.

Quito
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Good location for apartment

I agree completely with luchin91. Old town is a great place to visit but I wouldn't have any of my visitors stay there. All of the areas that he's recommended are safer than Old Town and have phenominal views.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Good location for apartment

I just wanted to chime in to say thanks to all who helped. This thread was just what I was looking for, and I found a couple of great links that I otherwise would have been oblivious to. ¡Muchas gracias!

14. Re: Good location for apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 19:20