We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 hours lay over in Quito

bangkok
Level Contributor
82 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
8 hours lay over in Quito

We would appreciate if anyone can tell us

the best way to tour Quito in an eight hours

layover. We thought of city tours but they

mostly started early, We will not arrive

until 11a.m. or noon. Our flight leaves

at 9p.m. Please help and thank you

Mentioned in this post
Quito
Quito
Pichincha Province, Ecuador
Quito
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 hours lay over in Quito

I would take a taxi to Old Town and walk around the area. (Ask the driver to take you to the Catedral at the Plaza de Independencia). All of the churches and museums have tours for $2-$3 per person. Tour at your leisure, grab a bite at the Plaza Grande Hotel or Hotel Patio Andaluz, and return to the airport via taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Plaza Grande
Hotel Plaza Grande
319 Reviews
Quito, Ecuador
Hotel Patio Andaluz
Hotel Patio Andaluz
1,306 Reviews
Quito, Ecuador
bangkok
Level Contributor
82 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 hours lay over in Quito

Thanks for your suggestion, but our concern is our lugguage,where can we store it? My husband has a bad back. We are concern that if we hired a taxi for the day, can we trust him leaving it in the car ?

Quito
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 hours lay over in Quito

NO, I probably wouldn't leave the taxi driver with my luggage. You could hire a guide for the day and leave your luggage with him. Or maybe call Hotel Plaza Grande or Patio Andaluz to see if they would store your luggage for a few hours. Their fee might be less than a guide.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Plaza Grande
Hotel Plaza Grande
319 Reviews
Quito, Ecuador
Hotel Patio Andaluz
Hotel Patio Andaluz
1,306 Reviews
Quito, Ecuador
Williston, Vermont
Level Contributor
122 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 hours lay over in Quito

We discovered a great guide when we had family here at Xmas this year. His name is Paul Bustos and his email is: paul@andesconexion.com. His English and general knowledge was excellent and his care of our friends and family was wonderful. Since you don't know the city, I would contact him and try to arrange a private tour. I believe it would cost between $60 and $100 for a car and guide for the time you're talking about.

5. Re: 8 hours lay over in Quito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 16:18