We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to cram as much as possible in??

DUBAI
1 post
Save Topic
How to cram as much as possible in??

Hi

Advice needed, overwhelmed as so much to see.

Our party is made up of Husband and I nearing 60 years..son and girlfriend late 20s.

We plan to travel 24th October to Quito then to Baltra for 4 day cruise, so far thats all I have as a definate.

Return around the 5th November.

Any advice on routes, sights to see piority.

Appreciate all assistance.

Lynda

Islesboro, Maine
Level Contributor
51 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to cram as much as possible in??

We just spent 23 days in Ecuador and Peru. We had 2 weeks for Ecuador and Galapagos. We are 55 and 44. Quito is good for city tour which all would enjoy, but has clubs and bars in the Mariscal that are fun for the younger set or maybe the older ones too! The galapagos will be enjoyed by all, but you are taking a short cruise. Depending on what you all like to do, you could stay extra days in the Galapagos in Puerto Ayora or somewhere on Santa Cruz. There are cool places in the port and some eco lodges inland. Or you could return to Quito and use a guide to take you for a couple of days overnight in Banos. It is great as it has things that highly active, thrill seekers can enjoy, but also more relaxed activities. It is a cool town with a good vibe and very safe. It you are using a travel agency for the Galapagos, ck with one of the local tour companies for the shorter tours. We used Ecuafun tours, they speak english and can arrange a customized trip or even just the city tour. We had a guide, Mauricio that took us all around the mainland and he was great. When you think about how much transportation costs, he was a great deal. You can look for my other postings to learn more details and suggestions on what to bring etc.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to cram as much as possible in??

A city tour of Quito is a great way to spend the day--beautiful colonial old part of the city.

A trip to BellaVista Cloud Forest (about 2 hr drive from Quito) is also a wonderful way to spend the day.

I was just there (Quito and Galapagos) two weeks ago....it was breath taking.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
278 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to cram as much as possible in??

i really recommend staying in puerto ayora at least a night or two after the cruise just to relax or sight see some more. i think my body would have rebelled hard if i went from a rocking boat to altitude straight away! i also enjoyed the quito city tour & bellevista that were mentioned. We also went to Papallacta hot springs for a night after the cruise. It was a really nice treat just to do nothing but lay in a nice hot pool! And if you can fit in the Otavalo area too that would be a nice change. Beautiful scenery with some interesting cultural aspects.

Sunny Bolton
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to cram as much as possible in??

maybe a trip to le mited del mundo, the middle of the world, it can be done in a morning from quito??

5. Re: How to cram as much as possible in??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 09:17