We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is normal that most of the hotels does not have heater?

OKC
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
is normal that most of the hotels does not have heater?

We are going to stay in san francisco, and I just found out htat they don't have neither ac nor heater, I can understand not having ac, but It concers me not haveing heater, is this normal??

thanks

Europe
Level Contributor
312 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is normal that most of the hotels does not have heater?

When are you going? We were there in May and it was not cold at all. During the day you could walk around in a t-shirt and at night a light sweater. It is springlike. So we did not miss the heater at all.

Enjoy your stay!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
110 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is normal that most of the hotels does not have heater?

It is normal because the temperature in Quito is generally somewhere around 70 degrees F. It is such an even temperature that neither AC nor heat is needed. You will love the climate there.

CHARLOTTE
Level Contributor
842 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is normal that most of the hotels does not have heater?

I have been to Ecuador many times and at times you do need heat in Quito, esp. if you are in an airy hotel or hostal, etc. It's cold when you shower, etc. Take along a jacket and a sweater or so and you should have plenty of blankets given by the accommodation. Up higher it is definitely kinda cold. 45 degrees is cold enough for heat in any situation.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
296 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is normal that most of the hotels does not have heater?

some hotels have space heaters too, if it's an issue. ask the front desk.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
22 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is normal that most of the hotels does not have heater?

My house in Quito does not have heat. I have never felt like I needed it. You should be fine with a blanket.

OKC
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is normal that most of the hotels does not have heater?

we'll be there from april 20 to may 3

Quito
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: is normal that most of the hotels does not have heater?

Neither heater nor air conditioner is needed in Quito. We've got some beautiful spring climate, with a 18º Celsius weather almost all the day, and a bit colder at night. With some sweater will be ok to protect you from the cold.

8. Re: is normal that most of the hotels does not have heater?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 07:19