We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

limited time in Quito

california
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
limited time in Quito

my boyfriend, my parents and myself are all taking a trip to the galapagos islands (leaving in 4 days! woohoo!) We fly into Quito around 2 in the afternoon and spend the first night there. We are also spending one night there before we leave. we wont have much time to explore but I'd like to see what I can while we're there. We are staying the san fransisco hotel both nights.

Is there anything that we should do while we're here?

Raynham...
Level Contributor
6 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: limited time in Quito

Get a taxi and go to the "teleferico" that goes up the Pichincha mountain. The views from there are spectacular. Then walk around "el centro" which is the old part of Quito, is full of churches and museums that are worthe checking out. Have lunch at Pim's on top of the Panecillo hill (where there is a statue of the virgin). If you want to go shopping go to the "Mercado Artesanal" near Amazonas street, it is a market full of hand crafted things that make great gifts and souveniers - be ready to bargain on prices.

Mentioned in this post
Pim's
Pim's
63 Reviews
Quito, Ecuador
2. Re: limited time in Quito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 00:15