We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BiLingual Schools

Dallas
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
BiLingual Schools

My daughter will be in the 7th grade next September - 2008. Does anyone know of a "reasonably"

priced school in Quito or elsewhere in Ecuador ????

{the "American" school is way out of our budget]

Quito
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BiLingual Schools

Le Lycee La Condamine for me it's the best choice. There your sister won't only learn a good english, she will speak french fluently. The 90% of the classes are given in french. And it's a lot cheaper than Colegio Americano de Quito. I think it only costs $240 per month. It's located in the Iñaquito district near la Carolina park. http://www.condamine.k12.ec/

Then the other choice is Academia Cotopaxy, is a north american school, I really don't know prices. It's located in Monteserrin district. There are some other good schools, not north-american alike, but good good schools such as El Sauce, Colegio Menor and Pachamama (located in Cumbayá).

But for me the best choice will be le Lycee La Condamine.

Dallas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: BiLingual Schools

Luchin91 -- Thank you much for your guidence. I will most certainly check them out ////////// E

Quito
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BiLingual Schools

I just gratuated from high school last year and I know wich are the bests schools here, lol.

Quito
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BiLingual Schools

Colegio Americano and Colegio Cotopaxi are the most expensive bilingual (English/Spanish) schools in Quito. Other options are the Alliance Academy and Colegio Menor (www.colegiomenor.edu.ec). Alliance is a missionary school located in the northern part of Quito. My 2 kids (grades 4 and 7)go to Menor and love it. Menor follows an American curriculum with all of the core course taught in English (English, Math, Science, Social Studies). Spanish and the elective courses are taught in Spanish. It is also SASC certified. When my kids arrived 1 1/2 years ago they didn't speak a word of Spanish and are now fluent.

Other bilingual schools which are more Spanish than English are Colegio Terranova and SEK. They are less costly than the above choices but unless you are looking to fully immerse your daughter without regard to the other classes, (ESL style) I would advise against it. My husband and I are both very comfortable with Spanish but it was still very frustrating for all of us the first few months at Menor. Also, unless your daughter already speaks spanish and is looking to learn a third language, I wouldn't recommend the French school or Colegio Aleman (the German school). They are very good schools but the courses there are taught in all three languages.

Please contact me directly if you'd like more info re our experience and/or Menor.

5. Re: BiLingual Schools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 12:17