We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Papallacta from Quito day trip

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Papallacta from Quito day trip

A friend and I will be staying in Quito after a Galapagos tour in mid May. We plan on exploring Quito plus traveling to Otavalo on a Friday and then stay over for the Saturday market. Would it be possible to do a mid-week day tour to Papallacta from Quito? Or should we try and stay overnight at Termas de Papallacta (it looked a little pricey). Don't want to do a bus so we will hire a driver for whatever we decide. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Quito
Quito
Pichincha Province, Ecuador
Camiadventures
Multi-day Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Adore Ecuador Travel
Multi-day Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bike Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Ecuador Treasure Tour Operator - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Yachay Ciudad Del Conocimiento
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Conference & Convention Centres, Horseback Riding Tours
1. Re: Papallacta from Quito day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 14:55
London
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Papallacta from Quito day trip

Hi there

I´m off here next week on a one day trip and will be blogging about it afterwards on my Word Press site if you want some insight and pics. http://globetrottingbeckstar.wordpress.com/

It is possible to do this as either a day visit with driver or through staying at the hotel which is a little pricey.

The most expensive cost will be a private driver as they have to wait and bring you back to Quito. This could be anything up to $150 plus entrance fees to the facilities etc.

It may be more economical to see if you can take a transfer here through a tour company, it may save you some cash.

The company I´ve been using for tours here have been really good for the trips I´ve been on so far and will be able to give you an idea of prices and availability if nothing else. I found them in footprints when looking for my Galapagos trip, but they cover Ecuador generally aswell. Their website is http://www.ecuadortravel.com.ec/home

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Quito
Quito
Ecuador
Ecuador
South America
Berlin
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Papallacta from Quito day trip

Yes, private driver about $150 USD + expenses. A private tour probably around $110 USD per person with dinner at the Thermas.

I also love them at night much more than during the day!

Pat

New York City
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Papallacta from Quito day trip

I wish ih= had found these responded about the baths two weeks ago. i'm going to overnight at Bellavista Clooud forest instead. But it's ok- I'm sure it will be equally amazing - just different.

Cambridge
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Papallacta from Quito day trip

GTbeckstar: I've just read your blog and intrigued that you mentioned you went to Papallacta on a day trip, but in actual fact involved an overnight stay! Just wondered if one can experience (bathe in) the springs and go a short hike without staying overnight, because we have already made arrangements with the hotel in Quito and cannot cancel without a forfeit. So is it possible?

I was also wondering how we can store our belongings and get change into our swim wear once we get there? Someone mentioned that there are municipal places - is this bit like a swimming pool in the West where you pay a small fee, use the changing rooms and then collect your stuff afterwards? Where do I find those?

I am thinking that we might go there instead of doing a day trip to Cotopaxi or Antisana, because the price quoted are too expensive for our budget. Papallacta sounds attractive as it is possible to reach by bus from Quito and is therefore cheaper.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Quito
Quito
6. Re: Papallacta from Quito day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2010, 05:16