We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Close to Quito Airport Hotel or Hostal

Which Quito hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Topic
Close to Quito Airport Hotel or Hostal

Hola,

Looking for an average clean and safe hotel for under $50 a night close to Quito airport for at least one overnight stay. Flying in early evening and moving down to the coast in the morning.

Gracias

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
94 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Close to Quito Airport Hotel or Hostal

Hola,

The hotels in Quito are quite close (25 minutes drive) to the airport as this one is in the north of the city. Just in front of the airport there is one hotel which is called Hotel Aeropuerto you can just walk across the street, reasonably clean but not very friendly in English :(.

If you are heading to the coast, your transport can be in a different hotel in the hotel's area of Quito with no problem (there will be no extra cost) and if you are going by bus you will need to move to the south (Terminal Quitumbe), so you have to go through the center anyways :).

So you can try a different hotel in Mariscal area, there are plenty, you can take a cab in the airport (around US15 or less) to your preferred hotel.

Good examples, Sierra Madre average (I think includes transfer), Junior Plaza (budget but good); Hostal Chicago maybe too.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

AO

Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Close to Quito Airport Hotel or Hostal

Alexao,

Gracias for your recommendations. We will investigate future. We need to come back to the airport the next morning to rent a car for our trip down the mountain to the coast for the middle of April. We hope the weather is nice and hot with little rain during our stay around Bahia, Canoa and Jama areas?

Salut

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Close to Quito Airport Hotel or Hostal

You might check out the Hotel Savoy www.savoyinnquito.com It's just a few minutes from the airport, is clean and in a safe neighborhood. I've been told their rates are $40 - $45 per night, and they get lots of airport business. They're right off Amazonas Ave., which is a main bus route, so you can easily get into town id you want. I don't think they speak much English there, but a few words of Spanish go a long way. The American library is housed in the hotel, so I'm there frequently - haven't seen the rooms, but the public spaces are extremely clean and well-maintained. Good luck, and have fun.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
94 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Close to Quito Airport Hotel or Hostal

Sorry, I have been away on a field trip.

I see tropmem has replied already with some useful information, yes that is also a good option too. Manabi's area will be a bit rainy but it is hot and a bit humid. I was just in Manta last week, incredibly hot and beautiful beaches, if you pass by Manta go to "playa Santa Marianita" :)

Enjoy it! AO

Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Close to Quito Airport Hotel or Hostal

Gracias Alexeo!

We are looking forward to a couple of weeks of great coastal weather around Bahia north thru Jama area!!!

6. Re: Close to Quito Airport Hotel or Hostal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 20:16