We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SAE Quito is looking for Volunteers

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
22 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
SAE Quito is looking for Volunteers

Travelling in Ecuador and spending a few weeks or more in Quito? Have experience traveling in South America and want to share your knowledge with others?

The South American Explorers club is looking for energetic volunteers to help at the clubhouse daily as well as at events around town.

It is a great way to participate in the community at a grassroots level while meeting other travelers and expats.

Stop by the clubhouse at Jorge Washington y 6 de Deciembre or email: quitoclub@saexplorers.org.

Mentioned in this post
Ecuador
Ecuador
South America
Quito
Quito
Pichincha Province, Ecuador
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SAE Quito is looking for Volunteers

I am interested in the position your seeking to fill.

I am an energetic and engaging bilingual English an Spanish person that would like to know more about the club and what you are looking for. Please tell me more.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SAE Quito is looking for Volunteers

I am interested in the position your seeking to fill.

I am an energetic and engaging bilingual English an Spanish person that would like to know more about the club and what you are looking for. Please tell me more.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,897 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SAE Quito is looking for Volunteers

Please keep in mind that the forums are not the classifieds.

quito
Level Contributor
132 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SAE Quito is looking for Volunteers

Just looking for people that can provide relevant info and know the in's and out's of traveling in Ecuador..

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: SAE Quito is looking for Volunteers

Azbuce., I would not exactly call that a 'classified ad.' No more than the 'classified type ads' for tour guides, drivers, like LIncoln and many other things. I mean, they are not exactly selling used cars! South American Explorer's Club can be a vital part of someone's vacation here in Ecuador and to look for the right kind of person for this job, a job that provides services to tourists, there is no better place than a tourist-oriented board. It's not a good idea for you to try to police the forum. Someone may come back at you and say, hey you are in Oman, how can you 'keep up' with info in Ecuador? Sure, I know you lived here for time before.....now, when we start to see "single good looking man looking for partner..."...THAT is a classified. I have seen people 'look for travelling partners"---why not?

Edited: 25 April 2012, 22:06
Mentioned in this post
Ecuador
Ecuador
South America
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,897 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SAE Quito is looking for Volunteers

If you'll read the guidelines tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines… , businesses and charitable organizations are not allowed to post ads, solicit business, or recruit (yes, I know SAE is a wonderful place and all that, and that GiQ is a really helpful person). Travelers who have used the services of a company or individual are allowed to post recommendations, and they are allowed to seek travel partners. SAE can, and has, informed the community on occasion of special events and posted helpful information.

Part of a DE's job is to keep the forums clean, and I will indeed post reminders to that effect. I watched the formerly useful old Usenet forums get ruined by spammers and off-topic posts and I don't want to see that happen to TA forums.

If you have problems with my status as a DE there are means for reporting that to staff.

Joshua, Texas...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SAE Quito is looking for Volunteers

Hola - I will be in Quito June 28-July 13 and plan to research study abroad optioins for my students. Would like to learn more, possibly volunteer with you.

Mentioned in this post
Quito
Quito
Pichincha Province, Ecuador
8. Re: SAE Quito is looking for Volunteers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 19:42