We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ecuador Road Trip Anyone?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Ecuador Road Trip Anyone?

I'm going to be flying in/out of Quito this June 4-11, and plan to rent a car and drive around the country with a somewhat flexible set of potential options (mountains, forest, beach, etc.) for a week.

I shoot photos and so will be looking for the best scenery plus weather conditions, the latter of which means that there isn't a hard and fast plan. Shooting photos = regular short stops, detours and small hikes to get to miradors. I lean more toward nature, landscapes, etc. rather than colonial architecture (but of course can appreciate that kind of beauty as well).

I'm not much of a hostel/backpacker type anymore (though I spent years traveling that way and think that everyone should do it). I'm in my mid-30s and am not traveling on a shoestring budget - I've been averaging around $80/night on accommodations here in Colombia and Panama before that. So, not staying at the Trump but also not in hostels.

If you're easygoing, flexible on places to see, have room in the budget (i.e., able and willing to pay for a little added comfort, a nice meal when one presents itself), can appreciate the independence a vehicle allows, and most importantly like a good party in the evenings, whether it's a night out at the discoteque in a larger city, a beach bar, or playing cards with beers while passing time in a small town to balance road-trip and adventures during the day, post here and let's see if it's a fit (four two zero friendly please). We can have separate rooms, share, etc. - whatever seems reasonable and comfortable. All that I ask is that expenses be shared more or less equitably (oh, the car rental will be right around $200USD for the week).

PS - I'm not fluent in Spanish but can make my way around well; I've road tripped and backpacked around a lot of South and Central America. If you're a native Spanish speaker, regardless of English fluency level, that's wonderful too as we can practice both languages.

PPS - I'm not looking for a date or to pay someone else's way, but rather cool travel partners to share adventures with on an epic road trip through beautiful Ecuador, partying at night and seeing as much as possible during the days.

1. Re: Ecuador Road Trip Anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 16:40