We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Quito Airport facilities

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
12 helpful votes
New Quito Airport facilities

Hi, does anyone know if there are airport lounges in the new Quito airport the general public can pay to sit in? I'm looking at maybe staying a few hours in one instead of finding accommodation as I have a very early flight out after coming back from the Galapagos.

I can't seem to find any useful info online about the new airport and the facilities, would be great if anyone can advise.

thanks in advance!

Kylie

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
55 posts
98 reviews
67 helpful votes
1. Re: New Quito Airport facilities

I have a similar question. Are there restaurants open in the new airport?

Related topic-can anyone recommend a coffee shop near the Quito JW Marriott?

2. Re: New Quito Airport facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2013, 13:05
Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
115 reviews
63 helpful votes
3. Re: New Quito Airport facilities

My wife and I were among the first passengers to fly out of the brand new airport. The lines at the ticket window were chaotic, to be expected the first day that the airport was open.

The only food we saw upstairs in the main terminal was a sweet shop and a Johnny Rocket's. However, we were told that there was additional food downstairs; some fellow passengers had breakfast there. Instead of finding our way down there we had the chance to spend a relaxing couple of hours in a non-moving line. I presume that they will have the wrinkles worked out by now.

Horror stories to the contrary, it only took us about an hour to get from the historic quarter to the new airport. Not as convenient as the 20 minute drive when we arrived, which was to the old airport in its final week of operation.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
55 posts
98 reviews
67 helpful votes
4. Re: New Quito Airport facilities

Thank You!

london
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: New Quito Airport facilities

I have recently stayed at the Marriott . There is a nice coffee just opposite the hotel . However, a few minutes walk to Marsical you will find many more such as Juan Valdez or something like that . It is a chain coffee shop but the quality of the coffee but not consistant .

The facilities near the airport are beginning to impove as the airport is finally opened after successive delays .

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
774 posts
23 reviews
23 helpful votes
6. Re: New Quito Airport facilities

I am also wondering if it is possible to sleep at the airport. Our flight gets in late and we are to be be picked up early to begin a birding tour (which would be heading south-east from there.. It doesn't seem to make sense to go back to Quito. Is the airport open 24 hours?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,625 posts
109 reviews
131 helpful votes
7. Re: New Quito Airport facilities

Yes, it's open 24 hours.

Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
8. Re: New Quito Airport facilities

Yes it is open 24 hours. I just spent the night there in between a late night arrival and an early departure. There was no lounge to stay in outside of security and we couldn't go through early as nothing was open. We just slept on the floor in a corner and others were doing this too. There were limited food options outside of security (a candy stand and a Johnny Rocket burger place). There were two cafe options once we passed through security. The airport is still sorting out a lot of kinks so expect to spend a lot of time in line ups!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
69 posts
216 reviews
121 helpful votes
9. Re: New Quito Airport facilities

I have now done an international and domestic flight out of the new Quito airport. It's nice and clean inside. I don't know anything about the airport lounges, but I do know about the food options the new airport. After you get past security, the international terminal has four food options that I saw: Johnny Rockets, a chicken place (Fly Chicken Fly?), an Amazon-themed coffee shop/bar, and Pizza Famiglia. There was a long line at the Pizza Famiglia place for breakfast (they had eggs, bacon, etc.) so I waited in line and got food there. It was the worst food I've ever had and the line took forever. Don't go there. The food was both cold and undercooked. Blech....

When I flew out of the domestic terminal, they had a Darwin's Pub and another little restaurant downstairs from Darwin's. The restaurant downstairs had free wifi and good food, so I'd highly recommend that place. I had a Fiesta Burrito and a Coca Light and it was delicious.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
10. Re: New Quito Airport facilities

There is technically nowhere to sleep at this airport, unless you're ok with sleeping on a bare floor in an open area that's open to the street and to the public. If you fall asleep, your luggage is not safe. There are no lockers, so nowhere to put your luggage while you're waiting to check in. The chairs are hard and uncomfortable, and are separated by metal armrests so you can't use them to lie down.

Johnny Rockets is upstairs, and TGI Fridays is downstairs. If you're at TGI Friday's, there's no restroom there....you have to go back upstairs to use the restroom on the 2nd level. There's another restaurant once you get through security, but only for international flights. Not much past security for domestic flights.