We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Galapagos from New Quito Airport

Which Quito hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, England...
2 posts
Save Topic
Flights to Galapagos from New Quito Airport

I am flying into the new Quito airport in December this year and want to fly directly onto Galapagos. Does the Lan Airlines flights to the Galapagos fly out of this new airport or do we have to travel into Quito and fly out of the old airport?.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Galapagos from New Quito Airport

The old airport is closed. The only airport serving Quito is the new one.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Galapagos from New Quito Airport

Please note that it is not possible to make a direct connection to Galapagos from your international flight. It is necessary and recommended to spend 1 or 2 nights before your Galapagos trip in Quito.

Within a 1 and half hour range from the new airport you have many activities to take part in:

Visit Quito old town

Papallacta hot springs

Otavalo market

Antisana volcano and wildlife reserve

Cotopaxi National Park

amongst others, there are some nice haciends and country inns near the airport or you can venture into staying in Old town Quito.

Bristol, England...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Galapagos from New Quito Airport

Thanks, Id like to travel into Quito but we don't have much time so I think a short stay in a hotel near the airport before hopping over to Galapagos will have to do for this trip. I did visit Quito many years ago and look forward doing so again in the future.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Galapagos from New Quito Airport

For a short layover I recommend Quito Airport Suites,

we stayed coming & going as we had early morning flights

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Galapagos from New Quito Airport

There are senior rates for flights to Galapagos on Orbitz but when we go to the LAN site, it is not offered. Is this for Ecuadorians only although Orbitz doesn't differentiate.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Galapagos from New Quito Airport

I've never used Orbitz but wouldn't you book through them (and get the discount they offer), rather than through the airline's site?

Ecuador does have a discount program for those 65 and over, but you have to be a citizen or legal resident to get it.

7. Re: Flights to Galapagos from New Quito Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 06:19