We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from new Quito Airport to Banos

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Transportation from new Quito Airport to Banos

Hi there. I plan to go to Banos directly from the new Quito airport. From research, appears I can take taxi to the nearby Pifo, and from there, there's buses to Banos. By doing this, I can save time and avoid traffic going into Quito and to the Bus terminal in Quito. I'm wondering if someone here took this route in the past. How easy to find the taxi (safe taxi) from the airport to Pifo? how much is it? and how often is the bus from Pifo to Banos.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from new Quito Airport to Banos

how did this work out for you. i too will be back from amazon tour at the quito airport and i still have 2 nights in quito. i was hoping of getting some type of transportation to cotopaxi national park and spending some time there and then sleep over in banos. spend the day doing some adventure and leave in the evening to quito. do you have any recommendations? thank you, ming

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
162 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from new Quito Airport to Banos

@mingyau - we didn't take a bus, and have met 2 drivers that you could look into

Angel Rea (private and driver, base in Quito) - good for your Cotopaxi tour

099 993 8488 or 098 001 0470

angelrea at yahoo dot com

Freddy (driver, base in Banos)

098-744-8008

servitaxi16 at gmail dot com

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from new Quito Airport to Banos

I read that you can just get a taxi from the airport to Pifo for $10. From Pifo to Banos, read: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forum…

I plan on doing this in about 2 weeks so I can give a better update later. =)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from new Quito Airport to Banos

A taxi from Quito airport to Pifo was $10.

Took a bus for $3.80 from Pifo to Ambato, then transferred to another bus to Banos for $1.50.

Super easy. =)

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,104 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from new Quito Airport to Banos

Useful info; thanks for the update. How long did you have to wait for the bus in Pifo?

6. Re: Transportation from new Quito Airport to Banos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2016, 06:19