We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Cuenca to Salinas

Northeastern...
Level Contributor
15 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Cuenca to Salinas

My bother in-law and I are traveling to Equador early 1213 to check out if it is the best place for us to retire.We are flying form Quito but not sure of the best way to get to Salinas from Cuenca? Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Northeastern...
Level Contributor
15 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Cuenca to Salinas

2013 as you probably figured out.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,222 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Cuenca to Salinas

I was also wondering if "bother" in-law was a Freudian slip.

You will not be able to travel directly between the two cities. Your best bet would be to travel to Guayaquil and rent a car and drive yourselves, hire a driver, or take the bus to Salinas. I checked LAN and there was no flight between CUE and GYE; you'd have to travel to Quito, and if you're going there, you might as well fly to Salinas. TAME's Web site is still not functioning so couldn't get any info there. A bus between CUE and GYE would take about four hours and would allow you see some of the beautiful countryside. The deluxe buses are very comfortable.

Northeastern...
Level Contributor
15 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Cuenca to Salinas

LOL!

Not a slip just getting not so good typing on my new iPad .

Thanks for the information. I think your right,we have lots of time and it would be great to see the area between . I will look into a bus company.

Thanks,John

Guayaquil
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Cuenca to Salinas

Hi

I´m pretty certain there are no scheduled flights into Salinas from anywhere. There are lots of vans which go from Cuenca to Guayaquil for $12 pp or buses which charge a little less. Personally I´d go for the buses which are generally comfortable and safe on this route as previously mentioned. You can get to Salinas from Guayaquil in the same way or by private taxi for about $60.

Good luck

Graham

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,222 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Cuenca to Salinas

Sorry if flying to Salinas is impossible--I could've sworn there was a small airport there.

Guayaquil, Ecuador
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Cuenca to Salinas

If you wanna go directly to the beach then you must take a place to Guayaquil and then rent a car, take a bus or a private transportation (1.5 hour travel more or less). There are no planes to Salinas

7. Re: Getting from Cuenca to Salinas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 07:15