We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Banos to Cuenca

Tampa, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel from Banos to Cuenca

Hello,

We will be in Banos early August, and will need transport to Cuenca. We will have done lots of touring around Quito, so my preference is to not go back to Quito and fly to Cuenca. We really want to see the scenery between Banos and Cuenca. However, we are apprehensive about the public buses, given the concerns about theft, risky driving, and lack of bathrooms. Other than a private car, is there no other in-between option, like a share-ride van? Our fallback is asking our hotel for a driver, and we've already gotten a rough quote of $150. That's quite a bit more than the $1 an hour buses, so we were hoping for some middle ground. Lacking that, does anyone have a driver that they can recommend for this trip? Thank you.

Cambridge, Mass.
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Banos to Cuenca

I'd like to piggyback on Madeline's question. I'll be travelling to Ecuador for the first time in the fall, and wondered myself about the best way to get from Banos to Cuenca. I'm thinking the three-hour ride back to Quito and the relatively inexpensive flight from Quito to Cuenca would be better for beginners than an eight plus hour bus ride, but I'm willing to hear arguments to the contrary -- or suggestions on alternatives, as Madeline asks. Thanks!

2. Re: Travel from Banos to Cuenca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 05:19