We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuenca Ingapirca El Tambo taxi pick-up

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Cuenca Ingapirca El Tambo taxi pick-up

My friend and I will be in Cuenca in June, we plan on visiting Ingapirca, we know it is no Machu Pichu but were wondering if 2.5 hours ( after riding the 9:00 a.m Canar bus from Cuenca and waiting for the 1:30 bus) is enough time to see the ruins?

Otherwise we were thinking of taking an earlier bus to el tambo, then taking a pick up or taxi to the ruins to get there as soon as it opens and riding back on the 1:30 bus to Cuenca.

Any clue what the current going rates are for taxis/ pick-ups from el tambo to the ruins?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuenca Ingapirca El Tambo taxi pick-up

2 hours is certainly more than enough to see the site.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuenca Ingapirca El Tambo taxi pick-up

Well I guess it depends how we are feeling the night before we go, if we feel like waking up a bit early we will do the el tambo and then a pick up or taxi, and come back on the Canar bus, otherwise we will do the Canar bus both ways.

Anyone know if they sell any souveniers near the ruins or in El Tambo?

3. Re: Cuenca Ingapirca El Tambo taxi pick-up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:20