We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know of any coffee plantation tours near Cuenca

Which Cuenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
arizona
Level Contributor
51 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know of any coffee plantation tours near Cuenca

Hello all,

We will be visiting in Sept and would like to know if anyone knows of any coffee plantation tours near Cuenca? We will not have a car and will be taking buses only so please keep that in mind.

Thanks, Sheri

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know of any coffee plantation tours near Cuenca

Hmmmm, buses only makes it a bit difficult for me to give a recommendation BUT... my "go-to" guide in the area, Carlos Lara, wrote this when I asked him: "Absolutely, there are coffee plantations, banana plantations and cocoa plantations in the area. We have a coffee plantation near Loja and also is possible to find one in the north west of Cuenca close to some banana and cocoa plantations as well. Normally, I visit them along the way to Guayaquil or when I visit Loja and Vilcabamba. It's possible to visit it in a day trip, but starting early in the morning."

Hope that helps. If you want to contact him for further information, his email address is "green_explorador (at) yahoo (dot) com" He generally leads private tours but grew up in the area and is passionate about sharing his hometown so he may have some ideas for you with public transport & contact info for the plantations he visits frequently, or he can at least give you an itinerary and quote a price to see if it fits in your budget.

The area with coffee, banana, and cocoa plantations sounds amazing. Let us all know if you visit and how it goes!

Best,

Nicole

Cuenca, Ecuador
Level Contributor
119 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know of any coffee plantation tours near Cuenca

Sheri ... not sure how you define "near" Cuenca but Loja is over 3 hours away. I suggest you go to Cafe de Ñucallacta on Calle Larga 4-86 (across from Todos Santos church) and ask for Rumi. He is the owner of this coffee shop. He roasts coffee from Loja and recently organized a trip to a coffee farm there. He would be the best one to ask about possibilities while you are here. He serves great coffee and usually has 3-4 varieties for sale to take home. Enjoy.

3. Re: Anyone know of any coffee plantation tours near Cuenca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 05:15