We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galapagos and Machu Picchu?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Galapagos and Machu Picchu?

I'm trying to plan a vacation to South America next April, and with airfare being what it is, would like to make the most of being down there. We're hoping to visit both Machu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands in about 10-12 days total.

Has anyone done this combo trip, or have advise as to the highlights to make sure to see? Which islands in the Galapagos offer the most variety, the "western" islands or the "eastern"? Is the 5-day cruise still worth it?

Thanks for the advice!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galapagos and Machu Picchu?

I did this same trip 3 years ago with Gap Adventures. They are Canadian based so I had a comfort level with them as far as making payments etc. and ensuring I was going to be safe as I was travelling on my own. You will find the trip on the website www.gapadventures.com listed as "Wildlife & Inca Encompassed". This trip also includes a couple days in the Amazon jungle. As far as the cruise itself, it was only 4 days but what wonderful days they were! I am planning on going back in the next year for at least a 7 or 10 day cruise. Machu Picchu won't disappoint either. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have.

glasgow
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Galapagos and Machu Picchu?

Hello

i am also using GAP in April on the 18 day tour i have done a lot of research and a few calls to them and they seem to be a very good company.They have a very good rating in most forums also will advise you on where to go if you tell them your interests. Have a nice trip johnp

3. Re: Galapagos and Machu Picchu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2008, 03:53
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galapagos and Machu Picchu?

Dear WX -

many people do this combo. Just make sure you don't breeze through so quickly you'll regret it. The combo, in so short a time, necessarily calls for a shorter Galapagos cruise. West Coast mom loved it so much she says she's going back - I understand her completely, but if your plan is to save on air fare and going down there just once, then maybe you should think of setting aside 2 full weeks so that you can do a full Galapagos cruise, then follow-up with MP. By the way, you might want to consider MP first, as anything after Galapagos is always a step down (I may be biased here ;-)

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

5. Re: Galapagos and Machu Picchu?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2008, 03:53
6. Re: Galapagos and Machu Picchu?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 18:16