We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK Tour Companies to visit Galapagos

UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
UK Tour Companies to visit Galapagos

Hi, my Mum said she'd like to take my Dad to see the Galapagos for his 70th Birthday. We don't have a clue where to start looking for a reputable company to book with. Can anyone recommend a UK company please? Thanks. Wendy

Enchanted Expeditions
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Galapagos For You
Horseback Riding Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK Tour Companies to visit Galapagos

Hi,

We used Happy Gringo, who are based in Quito, but the General Manager (John Potts) is British and we were able to transfer money directly into his UK bank account, thus saving having to send money to Ecuador.

Happy Gringo are extremely helpful and replied to all our emails really quick. No problem was to much for them. They get very good reviews here and on the Lonely Planet forum.

Their website is www.happygringo.com

I know you said you wanted a UK based company, but I think using one in Ecuador is much better as they are on the ground and can advise you much better.

Oh, and your folks could do a lot worse than this boat which I reported on

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294307-i2253-k1…

UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: UK Tour Companies to visit Galapagos

Thanks very much, that's great I'll pass the info on. Regards, Wendy

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
220 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK Tour Companies to visit Galapagos

If you are looking for a resposable company with excellent service i recomment Sunvil www.sunvil.co.uk, they have there own representation in Ecuador and the headquarters are in London. All the people that work in there office are been in Ecuador so they can explain in details about all the boats.

If you have a change to talk with them ask for Jude our Lisa there are the sales latinamerica experts.

regards

AC

UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: UK Tour Companies to visit Galapagos

Thank you very much for your recommendation. Muchas Gracias. Wendy

Marston Moretaine...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: UK Tour Companies to visit Galapagos

Try Journey Latin America, a UK based company which ive just booked a trip to the Galapagos for next year with!!

All very helpful there and a great website.

www.journeylatinamerica.co.uk/Home.aspx

Regards

Andy

UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: UK Tour Companies to visit Galapagos

Thank you I'll pass that info on to her. Regards, Wendy

Cambridge
Level Contributor
74 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UK Tour Companies to visit Galapagos

Hi Wendy, we just got back from South America, including a trip (8days) cruise around the Galapagos Islands. We used Llama Travel.........they were brilliant and recommended to me by a teacher at my school who went to Peru with them also. They were very good and the Ecuadorian Company they used were also brilliant. Also they are quite resonable in price. Hope this helps. Popperoo

Oregon
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: UK Tour Companies to visit Galapagos

Hi Wendy!

Being from the US i dont have too much experience with UK tour operators but I did have a very wonderful, once in a lifetime vacation to the Galapagos thanks mostly to the tour operator I used. Funny thing is the way I found them was by just google searching "Galapagos cruises" and Wildlife Vacations website galapagos-inc.com came up first.

Believe me I also contacted many other operators but it was Wildlife Vacations that got back to me the fastest and offered the best rates (which was VERY important to me)

They are based in the US but have an office in the mainland in Ecuador and even had a personal guide waiting for me at the airport the day i arrived and took care of all my transfers so that i never had to worry about anything. He was extremely happy and through my experience i would reccommend Wildlife Vacations to anyone looking to have a very successful and relaxing vacation to the Galapagos.

Kindest regards,

Gretchen

UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: UK Tour Companies to visit Galapagos

Thanks Gretchen, we also did a google search but so many companies came up that we didn't really know where to begin. With such a big holiday it seemed sensible to ask a few questions on the forum as so many people were helpful when I planned my trip to Australia and Hong Kong. I'll pass your information on, thanks again. Regards, Wendy

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: UK Tour Companies to visit Galapagos

The first time I went to Galapagos I used a UK agent to book but when I had a problem, I spent about half an hour on my mobile phone back to the UK to try and sort it out. Also less conveniant due to the time difference.

I don't think the problem was with the UK agent because all they do is instruct an Ecuador agent and mark up the price.

When I researched my trip for next January, I looked at the UK agent again and also Happy Gringo which came well recommended on here. The price difference for the same cruises was staggering. Happy Gringo were able to give good advice based on my requirements and an option I had not condsidered.

I did find it difficult to get hotel and island to island boats arranged for my custom trip but it is probably best to arrange these direct with the hotels anyway. It was the internal flights and hotels that got messed up last time.