We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK Agents for Galapagos Trip

West Yorkshire,
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
UK Agents for Galapagos Trip

Hi

Could anyone recommend a good reliable UK Travel Agent who would arrange a Galapagos Cruise. I would need them to sort it from Step One, ie Flights, Transfers,Boats etc etc.

Thanks

Mike

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK Agents for Galapagos Trip

You could try www.selectlatinamerica.co.uk who I have used before. They can book everything for you if you really want a no effort method. They have information on a large number of boats. Certainly avoid all your regular high street travel agents as they haven't a clue.

However you can save a lot of money by using an agent in Ecuador for the cruise and booking your own international flight. The UK tour company will just use an agent in Ecuador anyway.

The flights from Quito to Galapagos are normally arranged by the cruise company in order to make sure all passengers arrive at the same time. The transfer from Galapagos airport to cruise is also by the cruise company so nothing to arrange.

If you want to do it yourself, here is what you need to arrange:

1) Book the cruise with Quito to Galapagos flights. Try www.happygringo.com

2) Book International flight to Quito arriving at least a day before the cruise and returning the day after. Try www.klm.com

3) Book a hotel in quito as you will need at least one night there due to galapagos flights leaving early morning. Recommend 2 nights in case your luggage is delayed. If you use happy gringo for the cruise then their office is at the nu house boutique hotel so that would be convenient.

4) Book the hotel in Quito for 1 night for your return journey.

You can take a taxi to/from the Quito hotel and the airport or the cruise agent can probably arrange a private transfer.

If you are going to stay in Galapagos before/after the cruise and island hop then it gets more complicated. I found www.redmangrove.com to be very helpful in arranging hard to organise trips - although I have yet to take that trip.

Marston Moretaine...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: UK Agents for Galapagos Trip

Morning

Ive just booked with Journey Latin America

www.journeylatinamerica.co.uk/Home.aspx

they have been brill up until now, seem to have had great reviews on here too. see some of my forum reviews etc

kind regards

4ndyC

3. Re: UK Agents for Galapagos Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 09:25