We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation between islands

NY
1 post
Save Topic
transportation between islands

Can someone help me out with transportation between islands, Water taxi's from San Cristobal to Santa Cruz. Are there any? do they run daily? Do you have to book in advance? How long is the ride? Will they let surfboards on? and how much is the ride?

I can't seem to find any info on the subject. Thanks.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation between islands

There are daily boats between the inhabited islands and you can buy tickets on the islands. It is best to get the ticket in advance to ensure there is space but have seen people with cash on the day.

Not sure on price or times from San Cristobal but from Isabela to Santa Cruz is $30 one way. I had to negotiate for a second suitcase and was charged extra $10. You would have to ask about the surfboard but if they say no at first, ask them how much !

It was about 2 hours to Isabela but it does depend on conditions and what boat they use.

2. Re: transportation between islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 07:21