We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galapagos cruise - last minute deals

UK
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Galapagos cruise - last minute deals

I know this has beed asked a hundred times or more but here it goes anyway, please bear with me :

Is there any real possibility of getting a last-minute deal on a first class boat like Eric/Letty/Flamingo in Santa Cruz itself , or am I unreal, pushing my luck too far and is only wishful thinking? I ask because from my research it seems people who succeeded in last minute deals went on the tourist or tourist-superior boats only.

Thank you for all replies.

Duriancakes

1. Re: Galapagos cruise - last minute deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 14:55
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galapagos cruise - last minute deals

I might risk it if I were staying in Galapagos for a month and could be flexible about dates and didn't want a specific boat. It is much less likely if you must go a particular week or you need to see a specific island.

The other possibility is if you were going to be in Ecuador for a long period and wanted any week in Galapagos - you could last minute book in Quito.

You need to consider the cost of getting there against the risk of not getting what you want. Mostly I like to have everything planned out well in advance rather than trying to save a bit of money. It doesn't always work out though as frequently things change between booking and sailing.

3. Re: Galapagos cruise - last minute deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2010, 05:16