My friend and I are just beginning to plan our first trip to the Galapagos. We are so excited. I began looking and feel pretty overwhelmed with the number of options in terms of boats and itineraries of where they go. I was hoping someone could help with some advice.
Here is what we know to help focus the advice I am looking for....
1.We would like a smaller boat (16 people seems much more my speed than 100!). I like the idea of sail/motor, although could consider just a motor if that makes more sense. A boat called the Sea Cloud was recommended by a friend who went and had a positive experience. Anyone know about this boat as compared with others? Are there others we should consider?
2. We are looking for an 8 day/7 night tour (as long as I am going all the way down there, I feel 4 nights would be too brief.
3. We would like a clean boat with a knowledgable staff (I am sure everyone wants this and all the boats say they have this). I would also like our own bathroom.
4. Our budget is in the $2000/pp range +/-
5. We would like do be able to do some snorkeling/kayaking (I assume this is pretty standard?)
6. Are there certain islands or places that we need to make sure we have included in our itinerary?
7. Do we need to be concerned about rough seas on a small boat in late July early Aug?
Thanks in advance for your advice!