We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weight limits Aerogal

Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weight limits Aerogal

Can anyone advise me of the current weight restrictions on flights to the Galapagos on Aerogal? Is there a breakdown between checked and carry on luggage? In the event you are overweight, can you pay extra for the excess and if so, how much?

Thanks,

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weight limits Aerogal

Checked 20Kg, carry-on 10Kg

Maximum carry-on size 115cm (total width+height+depth)

You are also allowed various personal items like blanket, camera, handbag for women (bit sexist if you ask me !)

Any carry-on that doesn't fit in the overheads has to be checked so I would advise keeping to the international standard carry on sizes.

There is no mention of excess baggage being available but you can purchase a VIP card valid for 1 year for $400 +tax. This gives various privilages including 30Kg checked weight limit.

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weight limits Aerogal

20 kilos is 44 pounds. If you are flying from the US, the limit on checked bags is 50 pounds, so shoot for just under that and you should be fine.

3. Re: Weight limits Aerogal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Galapagos Islands