We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Galapagos Cruises

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute Galapagos Cruises

We booked at about 3 weeks notice on the Queen Beatriz, for an 8 day cruise. This was a 16 passenger catamaran. Great crew and on board naturalist. Our cabin had a king bed and a small private balcony. The facilities on the boat were excellent: lounges, jacuzzi, sun deck etc. Wet suits and snorkelling gear with no additional charges.

We booked via the Galapagos Natural Life agency, in Quito, initially via their website at www.galapagoslastminute.net We dealt with Rodrigo, and everything turned out to be on-time and reliable, including phoning our deposit via credit card. The price included airport transfers, and flights to and from the Galapagos. We saved at least 40% on the advance booking prices.

We also booked a couple of local trips (Cotapaxi and Otovalo) via the same agency, which were fun.

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
35 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute Galapagos Cruises

Hi, I read that you booked your last minute Galapagos cruise initially online at galapagoslastminute.net. Do you think we can take our chances and book at any local agencies in Quito? I heard that prices are much lower if we book in Quito than booking the cruises in our home states. But I know that that could be risky because we'll have to totally rely on the last "last minute" options. Your advice would be appreciated.

quito
Level Contributor
132 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute Galapagos Cruises

When are you coming?

…wordpress.com/2010/…

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
651 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute Galapagos Cruises

Hi Jazmania,

I always recommend booking ahead, especially if you will be traveling during the high season. There are several good agencies based in Quito that offer last minute cruise specials, but it depends on how last'minute you can afford to book. If your time in Ecuador is limited, then you should definitely book something before arriving to avoid missing a once in a lifetime opportunity.

4. Re: Last Minute Galapagos Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 September 2017, 13:16
San Ramon...
Level Contributor
35 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute Galapagos Cruises

Hi all,

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll check out those tour operators as suggested. My husband and I have been talking about going to the Galapagos for years, we're definitely going to make it happen soon!

Palm - Eagle Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Minute Galapagos Cruises

Hoi,

we just came back from galapagos.. we did last minute couple of days before we left on galapagoslastminute.... really good deal. We also looked in Quito itself but the prices were not that much cheaper then the internet....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last Minute Galapagos Cruises

Thanks for the tips and info about http://www.galapagoslastminute.net/

I organised a 8 day cruise on Cachalote 1 in late July while in Australia for a cruise starting 11th August and was pleasantly surprised that this direct tour operator was 40-50% cheaper than going through Australian travel agencies for exactly the same cruise.

Rodrigo organised everything for me via email including airport transfers when I arrived in Quito and from Quito to the airport on the cruise date.

It all went perfectly with no problems whatsoever and I would strongly recommend this company for anyone planning a cruise to Galapago 2-3 weeks out.

Edited: 30 August 2010, 01:01
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last Minute Galapagos Cruises

www.gotmyfare.com good packages on the Legend

from $2k pp air/hotels/cruise pretty good deal. on a bigger boat

for a more intimate cost-effective experience

www.galapagosXpeditions.com cruises from 1K or so

best for me to book in advance...

check www.saexplorers.org for reviews on the above...

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
35 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last Minute Galapagos Cruises

We're working with Rodrigo too at Galapagoslastminute.net to put together an Island Hopping Tour. We decided on doing the land tour because we heard the water in November (that's when we plan on going) could get a bit choppy. So staying in hotels and take trips to nearby islands give us options.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last Minute Galapagos Cruises

Using the link that Heather provided, you can take a luxury cruise for the normal cost of a tourist boat on certain dates. Definitely worth rearranging your travel plans.

Check out

galapagosexpeditions.com/galapagos-islands-d…

http://www.galapagosexpeditions.com