We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Columbus Travel Equador and the Galaxy

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
63 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Columbus Travel Equador and the Galaxy

Hi

We are looking at a Galapagas trip in May 2012. Sadly due to work restraints we can only do a 3 night/4 day cruise as we do want to see some of mainland Equador as well. Has anyone booked with Columbus Travel and are they any good? And has anyone booked on the Galaxy - they seem to have the itinerary that suits us. We really want to see the tortoises in the highlands in the wild and they seem to be the only small boat that does it in our budget.

Can't seem to find a way to do it independently! Any help gratefully received.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Columbus Travel Equador and the Galaxy

We haven't used Columbus Travel, but we just booked an 8/7 cruise on the Galaxy and we leave in four weeks. If you bug me in March I'll let you know how it is.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
651 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Columbus Travel Equador and the Galaxy

HI Oxon,

I have booked via Columbus before and had positive experiences. I have not personally cruised on the Galaxy but it is in a first class category of ships and looks nice in photos. Too bad you cannot stay a bit longer in the Galapagos Islands. Any way all of us on Trip Advisor can convince you?

Have fun.

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
63 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Columbus Travel Equador and the Galaxy

Hi

I'm easily convinced but try convincing our bosses to give us more time off work! sigh!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
275 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Columbus Travel Equador and the Galaxy

We have just booked a week long cruise with Colombus Travel on the Beatriz.

Vero (the sales representative) has been attentive, patient (choosing a boat took forever for us..we're picky) and professional. We originally only wanted to book a boat with a tour company but our experience has been good so far and we're considering booking the other legs with Vero, too!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Columbus Travel Equador and the Galaxy

I'll second that comment about Vero. She organised my trip including accommodation in quito, transfers, flights to galapagos and the cruise. Efficient and friendly. When my flight to quito was delayed, one quick email and the transfers and hotel accommodation was all updated.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
389 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Columbus Travel Equador and the Galaxy

We were on the Galaxy in March 2012 for 5 nights. Excellent boat - well maintained and great crew. The guide will make or break your experience and we were so lucky to have Whitman Cox, a Galapagos native who has been guiding for more than 20 years. Send me a private message if you have any questions I can help answer. We booked our trip through Happy Gringo and were very happy with them.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Columbus Travel Equador and the Galaxy

Or, better yet, post your questions on the forum so the responses help future travelers.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Columbus Travel Equador and the Galaxy

We booked a Galaxy cruise through Columbus Travel. Both were great, no problems at all. We usually book everything independently, but it was nice to have Vero take care of everything. She was very helpful & patient with all my email questions, and we had a great time.

9. Re: Columbus Travel Equador and the Galaxy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 23:17