We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galapagos 2012

Woking
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Galapagos 2012

I'm planning a trip with my family in April 2012, but with the new regulations I'm finding that a lot of companies haven't confirmed their itineraries and boats yet. I thought I would be booked by now, should I be worried? Obviously I can't book either the international flights or the domestic ones yet and want to be able to get any deals that I can. Does anyone have any suggestions or knowledge?

Pauline

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galapagos 2012

Suggest you look into Ecoventura. They have already posted their itinerary for 2012. We are using them in June for a tour of the Galapagos. So far they have been great at responding to email and providing us with information.

Woking
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galapagos 2012

thank you for your reply, I'll look at their website. Have you decided on which boat you are going to use yet?

Pauline

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galapagos 2012

Hi Pauline, I was running into the same problem as you (and I will be travelling in Feb 2012). I have found that most of the boats have started posting their 2012 itineraries now. You should have a good choice as apparantly it is unusual to book this far out (I cnat get them to take my booking on the boat Im interested in as no one else has booked for the dates I want and they wont take a booking for a single passenger).

Keep looking. Once youve decided on your boat, check different companies as the cost for the same trip on the same boat on the same dates seems to vary! If youre looking at doing one of the longer trips, check to see what combination of shorter trips make it up. Some of the 15 day trips are made up of 4 shorter ones which means revisiting the same sites on the islands with airports while they pick up new passengers.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galapagos 2012

There are a lot of itineraries at www.happygringo.com which is a useful source of information even if you don't want to book with them.

The Eric/Letty/Flamingo 2012 itineraries are here:

ecoventura.com/files/PDF/itinerary_2012.pdf

Any cruise that has the same itinerary every week will change by the time you go so best to avoid them unless you like a mystery tour.

I booked my last cruise about a year in advance so some boats do it but there were aso some not released at that time. I wanted the only single cabin on the Beagle to avoid the 80% extra charge so got in early.

Dave Peters

DP Software

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
107 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galapagos 2012

The national park has been awarding new itineraries over the course of the year for most boats. Once in place the itineraries remain for 2012. So don't worry about lack of itineraries for 2012. The following are itineraries for Beluga and Cachalote in for a couple months (and good for 2012)

www.belugagalapagos.com/page5/page5.html

www.cachalotegalapagos.com/page5/page5.html

Good luck!!

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Galapagos 2012

Walter

Edited: 31 March 2012, 00:52
New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Galapagos 2012

Hi Pauline,

Check out this page: galapagosbestprice.com

they have nice deals!!

Walter

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
63 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Galapagos 2012

Hi Pauline,

Well all of the boats already have their itineraries set for 2012, if someone is telling you that the boats don't have their itineraries set yet? they are not telling you the truth. Just look for a reliable Tour Operator on line, I am sure you will find a good one that has a good reputation and they will tell you the truth and will guide you to the best option that you may find.

Good luck.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Galapagos 2012

The OP was written nearly a year ago; she was commenting that in May 2011, she was having trouble finding itineraries for 2012.

Quito
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Galapagos 2012

Hi,

Now all boats have ready the itineraries for the next months, depending on what category you look for you have several options from Tourist to Deluxe boats.

Try The M/S Encantada if you are looking for a Tourist standard boat with small group (12 passengers)

Bon voyage!