We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about cost of tours to Seymour island

Norman, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
88 posts
810 reviews
Save Topic
question about cost of tours to Seymour island

Does any one know what is the approximate cost of the tour to Seymour Island? Also how long does it take? I am aware that it takes a while to go from the town to the place where you take the boat.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about cost of tours to Seymour island

A couple of years ago it was about $100. They pick up passengers from various hotels after breakfast and I think you get back around 4pm - the tour includes lunch on the boat. The Bartolome trip is much earlier at around 5:30am which is why it includes breakfast as well.

Dave Peters

DP Software

Norman, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
88 posts
810 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about cost of tours to Seymour island

thanks for the information.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question about cost of tours to Seymour island

is it best to book these tours in advance?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question about cost of tours to Seymour island

I booked mine when I arrived in the islands and I don't think you can pre-book too far in advance but its worth booking as soon as you are able as they do get booked up and they don't go to each island every day.

Guayaquil, Ecuador
Level Contributor
118 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: question about cost of tours to Seymour island

The prices are higher now, as is true for almost everything from taxis to food to hotels in Galapagos. Most local business raise their price 10% each January. The day trips now range from $130-$200 pp depending on who you book through. From Itabaca Canal, it shouldn't be more than 45 minutes - 1 hour to N. Seymour if you are on a slow boat.

Edited: 21 February 2012, 17:03
portsmouth
Level Contributor
69 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: question about cost of tours to Seymour island

The cost quoted to us by the travel agent in puerto ayora yesterday was $150 pp. He explained to me that the cost is high because of $20.000 tax they have to pay for the permission to go there. The actual visit to the island is short and later in the day they take people to a snorkelling site at the northern end of Santa Cruz close to Baltra airport. Everything seems to be incredibly overpriced here and obviously its the tourists that have to pay those very high taxes!

Norman, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
88 posts
810 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: question about cost of tours to Seymour island

Hi Anna

Thanks for the update. We came back from our Galapagos trip a week ago. We got the same quotes for the trip to Seymour but the tours were all sold out due to Carnival so we did not go. In retrospect we think that we saw a fair amount just doing our own walks on the 3 islands we visited (Isabela, Santa Cruz and San Cristobal). We realized that the tours are expensive and the time at the desired location is not always that long given the cost and time required to get to these locations.

8. Re: question about cost of tours to Seymour island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2013, 10:19