We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlines to Galapagos

miami
3 posts
Save Topic
Airlines to Galapagos

It looks like there are two choices for airlines flying into the islands: Tame and Aerogal. Are either of these airlines preferred over the other?

1. Re: Airlines to Galapagos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2006, 16:02
Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airlines to Galapagos

I thought Aerogal has much newer planes than Tame?

miami
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airlines to Galapagos

I went ahead and made reservations with TAME by going to their website. They emailed me the next day with a reservation confirmation, and informed me when and where to pick up my tickets. It seems they have streamlined the process for internationals to book their tickets directly with them. Also, I noted that the prices for the TAME tickets were substantially less expensive than the price for tickets on Aerogal. FYI. Thanks for all the informative reples.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
371 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airlines to Galapagos

Hey AiQ,

When you say new planes, you mean just a new paint or sticker job, right? ha ha

grandpa, my suggestion is that you go to a travel agency upon arrival to pay for the ticket and get closer to guaranteeing your bookings. Show up to the airport with enough time...my host sister's friend who worked for a former Ecuadorian airline was famous for canceling late ticketed passengers.

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
600 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airlines to Galapagos

I have dealt with Tame on several occasiones. This last trip with a group of seven. We went to the airport 1 hour before our flight. Everything went very well. I had been worried becouse there were so many of us. We also we flew a brand new plane on our flight from Guayaquil to Quito. It's first flight was Febuary of this year!