We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anahi in Feb/March 2013 ???

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Anahi in Feb/March 2013 ???

Has anyone cruised with the Anahi this year with the new management team? If so what were your impressions?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anahi in Feb/March 2013 ???

My husband and I took a 7-night cruise on the Anahi in January/February 2013.

We booked our cruise through Andrea Santoliva at Galapagos Travel Centre (also called GalapagosIslands.com). I was nervous about booking such an expensive vacation through someone I did not know (particularly wiring money), but the entire transaction went smoothly. Andrea also has a U.S. phone number (via Skype, I believe), and was responsive by phone and by email.

We were very pleased with the Anahi, which is owned by the company Unigalapagos. The crew was very nice and professional. The boat was clean. The rooms were not luxurious, but they were kept as clean as possible, particularly given the measures that had to be taken to minimize the environmental impact (i.e., toilet paper going into the trash can instead of the toilet). The common areas on the boat were very relaxing, with several decks for sunbathing, shade, and just sipping a drink while gazing at the incredible, untouched landscape.

It was difficult to choose a cruise, because the most important thing to us was having a good guide -- and guides are independent contractors, switching from boat to boat. So you can never guarantee a particular guide. We were fortunate that our guide was Roberto, a former science teacher from the Galapagos with a passion for ecology. We learned about animal behavior, the volcanic history of the islands, the flora... in sum, Roberto was able to answer every question we had, and then some.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anahi in Feb/March 2013 ???

That is a bit reassuring. Did you notice were most photographers using long or short lens?

michigan
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anahi in Feb/March 2013 ???

Hi Schazzy,

Thanks for sharing. This is a boat we are looking at. What was the age range of the passengers? How would you rate the food from 1 to 4 stars? Any other comments on food?

Thanks,

Chris

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anahi in Feb/March 2013 ???

Schazzy, Did you have 8 people per guide or all 16 on board with one guide?

5. Re: Anahi in Feb/March 2013 ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 06:19