We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galapagos Cruise Gratuity Guidelines for Guides and Crew

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Galapagos Cruise Gratuity Guidelines for Guides and Crew

We have reservations on the Anahi for a 8 day/ 7 night cruise. We have seen a huge disparity in the range of suggested gratuities for the guides and crew. What is a reasonable range amount that we can then tip on the high or low side dependent on the quality of the service offered?

London, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galapagos Cruise Gratuity Guidelines for Guides and Crew

Hello, if you look on the right hand side of the forum there are some 'top questions' and one of those discusses tipping. It seems as though 5% of the total cruise price is a good starting point. My aunt and I also have reservations on the Anahi, when are you going? Rose

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galapagos Cruise Gratuity Guidelines for Guides and Crew

Rose, Thanks for the reference on tipping. We will be on the 28 Feb sailing next year.

London, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galapagos Cruise Gratuity Guidelines for Guides and Crew

We are going this May so I will put a report up when we get back!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,221 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galapagos Cruise Gratuity Guidelines for Guides and Crew

A gold star to Rose for reading the Top Questions before posting--and referring other people to them!

5. Re: Galapagos Cruise Gratuity Guidelines for Guides and Crew

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 05:19