We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

review on the Fragata Yacht

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
review on the Fragata Yacht

hey ,

planing to book this yacht , does anybody travel with this ship ?

can someone give me good or bad feedback on the yacht before booking .

is there some tips that you can give before booking the cruise .

thanks

Turku, Finland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: review on the Fragata Yacht

Hello,

I was on a Fragata cruise in february. I liked it. We had a great guide, we were usually the first ones to be on the islands. The boat was good, everything worked well although we had some problems on our way (one broken leg and broken aggregator). Food was good and staf was humorous. what would you like to know?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,017 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: review on the Fragata Yacht

You can type the name of the boat in the Search box and see additional comments.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: review on the Fragata Yacht

I have just returned from a cruise on this boat (may 2013) and would not recommend it. There was not enough food for 16 people- it was self service and if you were last the rice, potatoes and vegetables had run out. The chef said no more was available. Safety was questionable as life jackets were not always issued on the panga boats - a real problem if you were being picked up from shore and conditions are choppy. The crew used the lounge for watching their own tv programs. I have complained

and maybe next cruise will be better. On the plus side we had an excellent guide. Hope this helps

Edited: 24 May 2013, 04:39
Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: review on the Fragata Yacht

I agree with Annie!

We took a 5 day/4 night cruise in May.

The guide, Jairo, was very good and very knowledgeable, the group on our boat was very nice, the wildlife is very interesting and the overall experience is unique, BUT the Fragata yacht is NOT, as advertised in most agencies and sites, a first class boat. It is a mid range or a tourist one! I saw some agencies have changed it's status to mid range (when I booked in March it was widely classified as first class), and rightly so.

There was not enough food, in the shower there was hot water only about 20% of the time, the snorkeling equipment was poorly kept.

The captain and crew were very nice, but the owner should give them what to work with. Who heard about not giving enough food when people are on vacation, on a boat?

As I wrote- the overall Galapagos experience was good, but value for money - the Fragata is not!

Galapagos
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: review on the Fragata Yacht

Dear friends,

We are sorry to have had these difficulties in your lovely holiday, we are really working hard to meet and exceed all your expectations, sometimes we find errors or failures of our staff that are not always to our knowledge, but these comments and suggestions will help us improve every day, on our behalf we will always have a commitment to specialized and personalized treatment, as for the life jackets we have taken measures to prevent this from happening again and as for the food, the same way we have taken action to solve this drawback, thank you very much for traveling with us and our commitment remains with you and all our passengers, best regards.

The Fragata Staff.

Auburn...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: review on the Fragata Yacht

Calling the Fragata a yacht is a real stretch. The ship is old and dirty. The kitchen is disgusting if you look in. The food was adequate at best and, yes, very limited. Fortunately, our 16 guests picked up on the food supply issue right away and were very considerate of those behind them. The bar is way overpriced.

We lost air conditioning on two nights, and the windows don't open. So, basically no air movement. Very sporadic hot water in a shower only a child can fit in. We were lucky to be on the upper deck. Those in the hold really had it worse. Workmen were aboard twice for AC & electrical issues with no resolution.

There are much better boats out there for the same or just slightly more money. Personally, I think the Fragata would make an excellent artificial reef.

Galapagos
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: review on the Fragata Yacht

Dear friends and travelers,

We are pleased to announce that after two months of maintenance on the continent, Yacht Fragata has been improved and renovated in all its internal and external infrastructure, and it is ready to continue sailing in the beautiful Archipelago of the Galapagos.

We have improved our service, high added values and a huge desire to do our job. We know that we must always be at the forefront of service, and we are continuously improving to make your experience with us a wonderful and unforgettable. Trust in our experience and desire to make things right, and you will not be disappointed.

We have taken your valuable comments and reviews, and turned them into opportunities to serve you better,

Always a pleasure to serve you!

Yacht Fragata team.

USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: review on the Fragata Yacht

I am looking for a cruise for 5 people for December 2014 and found this boat. Since the above reviews are concerning, can you please describe some of the changes that have been made?

As a cruise is a large expense (time and money), selecting the wrong one can ruin a trip.

Thank you

Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: review on the Fragata Yacht

I have just returned from a week on the fregata and our experience was better than some of our fellow travellers. We had cabin 9 which was fine although its best not to think too much about where the thick blankets have been! But other cabins had problems with termites, fleas and plumbing. The food was fine and there was enough - but there were only 13 of us. They need more food if the boat is full. Our guide was a disaster but he was an emergency replacement at very short notice and doesn't normally work on that ship so its not fair to judge the fregata by his performance.

In summary, the fregata is not luxurious but mostly its ok and I suspect its much cheaper than some of the other boats. It should be.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: review on the Fragata Yacht

I took a cruise on the Fragata yacht in the middle of Feb 2014, and had a wonderful time.

It seems that the maintenance on the ship fixed problems (at least when we were on the yacht) with the A/C.

No one complained about termites or fleas, though plumbing was a little problematic - but solved with a toilet plunger by a cheerful crew.

Food was excellent (always lots of vegetables), fresh fruit juices during some meals, soups before lunch... all delicious. We had a few healthy young men on the ship so the quantities of food wasn't enough, but at least it was good.

We had a great guide, great crew (always super cheerful and helpful). Wonderful time, and I would recommend the yacht based on our experience.