We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galapagos Liveaboards

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Galapagos Liveaboards

Even though the live aboard options are limited in the Galapagos to get out to Wolfe and Darwin isl… are there any 'budget' options? Or is the cheapest around $3500?

Thanks, Ashley

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,331 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galapagos Liveaboards

The ones that go there are dive boats, so yes, limited and, I expect also specialized so you are paying for your air tanks, dive gear, etc. This site might not list all, but here are some options and comparisons.

galapagosislands.com/galapagos-diving.html

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galapagos Liveaboards

You DO NOT want to go with a cut rate operator for a Galapagos liveaboard, even if there were one! If you are very flexible, and somewhat spontaneous, it is possible to get a deal on a late cancellation (like a month or so before departure).

3. Re: Galapagos Liveaboards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 November 2013, 05:05
Perth
Level Contributor
38 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galapagos Liveaboards

I went on a diving trip with the Deep Blue and also visited the Humbolt. I can recommend either of these boats the Deep Blue is a much older boat but has HEAPS of room, they spend half a day less at Darwin's Arch but after 8 dives there I was happy to change location and get a dive in Isabella. The Humbolt is a lot newer and spends an extra half a day at Darwin's Arch so misses Isabella (I'm pretty sure that is right, don't quote me on it)

Both of these boats leave on a Monday from San Cristobal Island, they have some great last minute prices, but then you also risk missing out. I don't think the prices go down much until quite close to the date, I got mine at 1pm on a Monday when the boat was leaving that night! i would also go in Whale Shark season which has just finished but the whale sharks were AMAZING if you are lucky enough to see them.

Malaysia - Fiji
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Galapagos Liveaboards

Hi Ashley. Yes you need to pay for quality and the boats that go to Wolf and Darwin are quality - with a bit of a question mark over 1 of them. It depends when you want to go. there are some good specials around before May 2014 on 1 boat - US$ 2750 or 2995. But you need to know where to get this type of information.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Galapagos Liveaboards

Never buy a trip with the Deep Blue Boat. Want to know why?

I'm writing this here to advise everyone planning a boat trip in Galapagos to never go with the Deep Blue company.

That's the most unprofessional company I have ever seen in my life.

Last October'13 (3 1/2 months ago) I bought a trip to Galapagos, scheduled for Apri'14 with them.

And I have been paying for the boat trip since then.

All the airline tickets were bought separately (already payed).

Now, 2 months prior to the trip, those guys have the guts to send a 3 lined e-mail explaining they won't do the trip anymore, because "business have been bad" and they "decided to chart the boat for a more lucrative 20 days operation".

Meaning their word worths nothing and now it's my problem to get airlines reimbursements, replan my vacations and, believe it, wait for 90 days for the boat trip reimbursements...

Those guys are a joke.

If this post ever prevents at least 1 person from buying a trip with them, I have achieved my goal.

Stay away from Deep Blue, trust me.

7. Re: Galapagos Liveaboards

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 15:35
8. Re: Galapagos Liveaboards

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 07:17