We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Payment on boat

Level Contributor
91 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Payment on boat

I just have a quick question here - I know we have to pay for alcohol on the boat - do boats accept credit cards for this balance (and anything else we buy on board) at the end of the cruise, or should we allow cash for that? We are going on the Cormorant

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,591 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Payment on boat

Take cash. Credit cards are not that common and come with a surcharge to use.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
724 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Payment on boat

I just travelled in the galapagos for over 2 weeks and was not once charged a surcharge to use a credit card. They were accepted on my boat, nearly everywhere in Santa Cruz and even some Isabela restaurants.

Level Contributor
1,862 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Payment on boat

We've been on 2 different boats with 2 different companies and neither one accepted credit cards for payment of the bar tab. You should either contact your booking agency (or the boat owners) to ask if the Cormorant does or simply carry the cash.

trip report (and much more) at http://galapagos2009.wordpress.com/

4. Re: Payment on boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 05:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor