We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would 2 hours in between flights be enough?

toronto, canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Would 2 hours in between flights be enough?

Hi folks,

Our flight back from the Galapagos is scheduled to land in Quito at 4:50pm, and our flight out leaves at 6:40pm. Do you think we'd make it? Any tips to go through faster?

Our flight out of Ecuador would have a stop-over in Bogota for 9 hours. If we miss the flight out, can we just find another flight to Bogota and check in from there? We've travelled a lot, but we've never missed a flight before.

Thanks for your input!

Julia

Rockville Centre...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Would 2 hours in between flights be enough?

Julia, I think your connection time in UIO is almost guaranteed to fail. Even if the flight gets in on time, that's way too tight to retrieve baggage, get to international departures, re-check bags, clear security and so on. Any chance you could fly Guayaquil to Toronto, possibly with a connection in Miami?

toronto, canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would 2 hours in between flights be enough?

Arrrgh. I'll check out your suggestion, JohnWoram. See how much that change would cost.

Another thought -- What if we just have carry-ons? I know TAME's carry on allowance is 7kg per person... Still a no go?

Rockville Centre...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Would 2 hours in between flights be enough?

Carry-on only would help a bit, but AA wants at least two hours for international check-in, and even if things go perfectly, your arrival time gives you a bit less than that. Here's the AA arrival page, and I suspect any other airline would be about the same.

aa.com/i18n/…arrivalTimes.jsp

Any chance you could spend a night on the mainland between flights?

4. Re: Would 2 hours in between flights be enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Galapagos Islands