We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used Sunny Land Tours or Been on the MV Aqua?

Miami
Level Contributor
122 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used Sunny Land Tours or Been on the MV Aqua?

We are planning a vacation to Peru in July and like everyone else, trying to find the perfect package at the best price. Sunny Land Tours seems to have the best package for what I am looking for (maybe a day too long, but that's okay) prices include all the air etc., so I don't have to worry about that. Has anyone used this tour company? Also, we want to also go on the 4 night cruise on the new luxury ship MV Aqua. Has anyone been on this boat? Thanks for any input anyone can provide.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used Sunny Land Tours or Been on the MV Aqua?

Haven't heard of them.

But just a brief warning -- make sure you use a company that has good recommendations somewhere. A year or so past there were a lot of unhappy tourists in Peru who were stranded by a U.S. company that went bankrupt & left them high & dry in Peru.

Keep searching for recommendations.

Miami
Level Contributor
122 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used Sunny Land Tours or Been on the MV Aqua?

They have an ad in Travel & Leisure magazine with an email address of PeruHotDeals.com. I cannot believe having that kind of exposure no one has heard of them or used them. Maybe I should take their itinerary and have a company customize it.

Los Angeles, CA
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used Sunny Land Tours or Been on the MV Aqua?

Ah! We are also booking a trip in July and are traveling on a 4 day trip on the MV Aqua- we will be on the boat from 7/22-26 (maybe we will see you there!). We have been looking into finding out more about the MV since it is new. Maiden voyage was supposed to be in feb I think (pushed back from dec or jan). Don't have any updates at this point.

As far as Sunnyland tours- I don't know how they are in Peru but we used them (many years ago- about 10yrs ago) in Costa Rica and they were Fantastic!! Loved them and could not say enough good things about them. Tours were great, guides were great. Wonderful accomodations, meals, etc. Good luck

Miami
Level Contributor
122 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used Sunny Land Tours or Been on the MV Aqua?

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! Will are expecting to travel on the Aqua July 8th... need to get back, kids will be starting college. This trip is our reward to ourselves for getting them this far! As far as Sunny Land Travel, I called them and they were more than accomodating on changing a couple of the hotels in the tour but I still can't find any feedback anywhere on the web. There is a little on their tours to Egypt but that doesn't really help me. Any other suggestions on tour companies? I want one company to handle everything, all flights international and domestic, hotels, transfers, etc.

Los Angeles, CA
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used Sunny Land Tours or Been on the MV Aqua?

Did you check with Aqua Expeditions (MV Aqua)- I know they do an excursion post trip. I don't personally have advice-we are piece mealing our trip-having someone help with train,etc from a hotel in Cusco. There are a number of posts on this forum about travel companies- just search back (less than a week ago). I don't remember what they were- just remember seeing them.

melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone used Sunny Land Tours or Been on the MV Aqua?

We are booked to travel on the MV Aqua on July 1st 2008. We are travelling with our two children aged 12 and 14. Hope its good. Have a great time.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone used Sunny Land Tours or Been on the MV Aqua?

We just returned from a fabulous trip to Peru, with all the arrangements made by Tambo Tours. They were great, the guides were very good, all the transfers were perfect, and they have several ranges of hotels to select from. They are located in Houston and Cuzco and are very knowledgeable about Peru. We did Machu Picchu and the Amazon for a 10 day trip. Their website is 2goperu.com or by phone 1-800-2GO PERU. Have a great time!

Northampton...
Level Contributor
177 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone used Sunny Land Tours or Been on the MV Aqua?

Sunnyland Tours is located in Costa Rica. I found their prices to be way too high. It is better to use a local agency in Peru and eliminate the middleman. We used Condor Travel and were very satisfied with their service.

north carolina
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone used Sunny Land Tours or Been on the MV Aqua?

I am trying to find something about this company also. have you found anything yet?

thanks

Miami
Level Contributor
122 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone used Sunny Land Tours or Been on the MV Aqua?

My post was from last year. I ended up using Kuoda Tours and I am so glad that I did! They provided us the best time. Give Mery a call. They are very competitively priced and have great drivers and guides. I am using them again this summer for my daughter and her friends. I promise that you cannot go wrong with Kuoda. They are committed to 100 percent customer satisfaction. If you have any questions, email me. I will be happy to help you out.