We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paracas/Ballestas Islands can I leave it out?

ireland
Level Contributor
50 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Paracas/Ballestas Islands can I leave it out?

I m orgainsing a trip with peruforless at the moment and due to budgets thinking of leaving paracas out but still doing lima, nazca, arequipa, colca canyon, puno, lake titicaca then obv the inca trail sv cusco.

What do u think of leaving this out? Also is colca canyon worht going to? have heard mixed reports and as this is the first part of a round the world trip any corners moneywise i could cut would be great.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,369 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paracas/Ballestas Islands can I leave it out?

Yes, you can leave out Ballestas and Paracas, they are nice but not unique.

The Colca is a nice experience, but nothing to compare with the Colorado Canyon, they are not even similar. Colca is deep but very narrow. The Inca terraces are beautiful, watching the condors is great and visiting the small towns is magnificent.

Tough choice no ??

ireland
Level Contributor
50 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paracas/Ballestas Islands can I leave it out?

thanks for your input. I think I will see how the money situation is going and hopefully keep colca canyon in my trip.

Thanks again

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
866 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paracas/Ballestas Islands can I leave it out?

Hi there

I agree with the expert / Xochitl.

I am in Cusco just now and have recently visited on this trip Paracas/Ballestas and Colca Canyon. I would save money and skip Paracas/Ballestas in favour of more time in the Sacred Valley or in Cusco. Colca Canyon is well worth visting but only if you are going to Arequipa anyway.

Hope this helps

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paracas/Ballestas Islands can I leave it out?

If you have to leave something out then I would leave out Ballestas and Paracas.

But don't miss the Colca Canyon for the world.

5. Re: Paracas/Ballestas Islands can I leave it out?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 22:17