We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqua Expeditions

Miami
Level Contributor
122 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Aqua Expeditions

Just returned from a 16 day trip to Peru. The first 5 days were spent on the Aqua. I am posting this information due to the fact that when I orginally wanted to book this boat, I was unable to find any information on Aqua Expeditions because they were new. We only booked the 4 night trip because we heard that 7 days became repetitive. 4 nights ended up being just perfect. The Aqua is a beautiful boat that exceeded my expectations. We had a total of 21 passengers on board all ages and nationalities. The staff, guides, food etc. were amazing! You could lay in your room and just watch the banks of the amazon go by. The observation deck had cushioned lounge chairs you could lay on or you could go into the glass enclosed bar area that had chairs and couches to relax on. There were books, puzzles and cards to use also. The food was the best! The menu was very diverse and there was something for everyone. The guides and drivers were outstanding, always searching and finding things in the water and trees. The staff was friendly and truly appreciated the guests. This boat may be a little more than the others, but the experience is priceless. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Buenos Aires
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Aqua Expeditions

Thanks SaintJill. We're planning to do the trip in January 2009 and I was worried because I couldn't find any comments about Aqua. We also booked a 4 nightss trip.

New York
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqua Expeditions

I just returned from the seven day option on the M/V Aqua and have only glowing reports to give. If we could have stayed another week, I would have. I'm even considering a return during the dry season. This is truly the interface between luxury travel and a wilderness expedition. My top priority was to have excellent and knowledgeable guides. All of the guides are indigenous to the region having actually grown up in the Amazonian rain forest. They have eagle eyes! I don't know how the guides do it but we saw almost 80 species of birds, numerous species of monkeys, reptiles and amphibians. Yes - there really are pink dolphins in the river! The crew is delightful. The skiffs used for daily exploration are comfortable as well and there are always ponchos available for the inevitable and occasional downpour. The rooms spacious and beautiful - not like on the other expeditions that seem to equate roughing it with going into the wilderness. The food is delicious but is also on the light and healthy side with delicious deserts that left many of us clamoring for recipes. Last, I was thrilled by the diversity of the other travelers. Our companions for the week were from all over the world. Run, don't walk and reserve on this wonderful boat.

California
Level Contributor
17 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aqua Expeditions

Does anyone have any thoughts or comments about the recent robberies?

eturbonews.com/10930/aqua-expeditions-releas…

DC
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aqua Expeditions

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the trip with us. Sincerely, Francesco Galli Zugaro, CEO, Aqua Expeditions.

5. Re: Aqua Expeditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2010, 07:16