We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update: My LAN Booking Experience & Info

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Update: My LAN Booking Experience & Info

I have been keeping a close eye on the posts about being able to/not being able to book on the Peru version of LAN and get the good prices. I somewhat finalized my itinerary and this is how my booking experience went:

Went to Peru version and input all info, including Verified by VISA

Transaction could not be completed.

Called LAN's 1-866- I FLY LAN number, was on hold for a good 8 minutes and spoke with someone directly. I provided the helpful agent with my booking confirmation code. She said I would have to go to the USA version to book my ticket. I told her the cost was twice as much and asked if there was any way to get the Peru price. She said no, there wasn't. I asked if this was a recent change and she said it was just recently put into effect.

It will be interesting to see if anyone actually has success booking through the site and getting Peru prices.

I booked through Apunake and received confirmation immediately. The cost was $273.20 as apposed to Lan's $257.04 for two one way flights from Cusco to Arequipa. An extra $16 is a much better option than booking through the USA version, which would have amounted to $408.32.

I also received a nice follow-up email from Apunake:

Your payment has been accepted; your ticket issued successfully and was sent to your e-mail.

In the attach link you will find useful information for your trip:

If you need assistance with your travel organization, transfer, tours or Hotel services, please don’t hesitate in contact us

If the process to get your ticket has been agile, comfortable and economic, we would appreciate it if you recommend our services.

Thank you for your trust, have a nice flight!

Best regards

Jhuliana Peña Salas

Ground Services

Apunake

www.apunake.com

I hope this helps some of you.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
937 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update: My LAN Booking Experience & Info

I got the same confirmation - However mine was in spanish.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update: My LAN Booking Experience & Info

I booked yesterday on LAN.com - I went through the whole process in Spanish until I had a reservation number and then it wouldn't take my VISA (issued in Canada). I called the Peru number (it was on the page that kept coming up when the verified by VISA didn't work) - it was a LIMA number and not toll free, but I got through and the guy spoke English, took my VISA and I received confirmation and E-Ticket numbers in my e-mail in 20 minutes. It sounds like it is really hit and miss as to if the agents will allow this or not, but I'd definitely suggest calling the Peru number as opposed to the 1-800 number.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Update: My LAN Booking Experience & Info

I booked through the web site, but could not use my Visa. Mastercard worked fine. Best part about LAN peru, is that you can print your boarding passes online up to 48 hours before your flight.

Make sure you do this, because it can save a ton of time at the airport.

Kansas
Level Contributor
630 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Update: My LAN Booking Experience & Info

I also used apunake (also Jhuliana) for our trip next month. I saved a ton of money for three in-country flights, Lima to Cusco, Cusco to Arequipa, and Arequipa to Lima. What would have cost $1157 for 2 of us through the U.S. site, ended up only being $516. It was extra effort because of the credit card situation was well worth it!

5. Re: Update: My LAN Booking Experience & Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 05:30