We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lookingfor packaged tour from the US

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lookingfor packaged tour from the US

Are there any tour agencies that offer tours that include tickets from the US to Peru?

Thanks

Alpaca Expeditions
Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Machu Picchu Viajes Peru
Cultural Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Archaeology Tours
Lorenzo Expeditions
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Free Tours by Foot Cusco
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lookingfor packaged tour from the US

I am about to embark to Peru with a package including air from LAX. The agency is called south fares.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lookingfor packaged tour from the US

You can probably get a better deal booking your own flights to Lima. We got great fares for last fall, flying AA & LAN (codeshare). Those cheapest rates were found on the Orbitz site, but not on either airline's website.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lookingfor packaged tour from the US

for sure you will get better deals if you buy your tickets separtes and hire a local company for your travekl arrangments from lima airport.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lookingfor packaged tour from the US

So any recommendations for local companies?

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lookingfor packaged tour from the US

Do a search on this forum, going back in "history."

Many forum members who had good recommendations for tour companies might not still be checking in on the Peru forum -- they're traveling to other places now. Search on "tour operators" or "tour companies."

Some I've seen recommended: Ancient Summit, Yure Chavez, Peru for Less, Llama Path, Kuoda, etc.

We did not use a tour operator, except for the Inca Trail (as required). Everything else, I booked myself online, after gaining a lot of information from this forum. Rodrigo at the Kuychi Rumi, e-mail: info@urubamba.com, arranged drivers, guides and cooking class for us in the Sacred Valley. He can also make other arrangements, including plane & train tickets.

Portland, Oregon
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lookingfor packaged tour from the US

My wife and I went to Peru this past may and worked with Kontiki Tours and we had a good experience. The package was completely flexible and customizable, and we made lots of adjustments. The flights are also included in the pricing both the international and internal segments. We always had a host in each city and had all transfers and pickups included. The website is www.kontiki.org.

CA
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lookingfor packaged tour from the US

Few months ago we took a tour of Peru with Cultural Immersion Peru www.coolturaltravel.com, they where excellent in all ways.

We will highly recommend them.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lookingfor packaged tour from the US

How were the hotels you stayed at?

Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lookingfor packaged tour from the US

Hi Yorlem

We returned from a fabulous trip to Peru about 4 weeks ago. On recommendation from Xochtl we used PeruChasquitur - an excellent Lima based agent. Communication was excellent,our trip went like clockwork and hotels were fabulous so I can highly recommend them.

Hope this is of some help

Cheers L

Miami
Level Contributor
122 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lookingfor packaged tour from the US

As you send out your requests for quotes, make sure to send a request to Kuoda. We traveled with them in July and it was definitely a company I would recommend. I too had searched and gathered a lot of information on Tripadvisor but found that the same tour companies were mentioned over and over. Yet when I searched personalized, custom tours in Peru I found Kuoda! I am so glad I did. I told them what I wanted to see and asked them to put together an itinerary and price for me (I also asked several of the other companies recommended on TA). Kuoda put together an itinerary that was exactly what I was looking for at a very competitive price. I have be fortunate to travel many places in the world and have never traveled with a company like Kuoda. The personalized service that they provide is exceptional! We had a driver and guide in each place we visited and the itinerary was very easily changed as we wanted as we went along. Mery was exceptionally helpful in making sure our needs were met and that we were having a good time. It was nice to have a company that was based in the country that we were visiting. Mery and her staff truly love their country and it shows. We left Mery, our drivers and guides not as customers of theirs, but as friends. I am sure they are able to book your international air, although I booked it myself through a company I use that gives great rates, the name of the company is Tico Travel out of Ft. Lauderdale. I booked travel through them on American Airlines cheaper than I could through American directly. Make sure to give Kuoda a call and I am sure that you will enjoy traveling with them through the beautiful country of Peru. Have a great time....I know you will.