We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Peru Domestic flights on the LAN Peru website

San Diego...
Level Contributor
254 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Peru Domestic flights on the LAN Peru website

Hi,

I am currently getting a really good deal for 4 domestic flights within Peru using the LAN site...the Peru version.

But, I keep coming across postings on the internet talking about problems while booking the ticket.

Does anyone know what the exact procedure is and would I have any problems with those tickets later on just because I am not a Peruvian resident?

I was told by one member here that I can book the above tickets without any problems by simply calling up LAN with my ticket reference number (or something like that) and booking the tickets over the phone with a $20 fee. Do I call the LAN USA number or the LAN Peru number?

Thanks!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Peru Domestic flights on the LAN Peru website

LAN Peru # with a Peru friendly credit card...

New York
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Peru Domestic flights on the LAN Peru website

i just bought tickets 2/3 days a go doing that, lim-cuz, cuz-pem, pem-lim, i used the lan peru site, but called the US 800# when i got the reservation code, guy on phone (speaking english) took my credit card, did ask me where i was (new york) and took my info, sent me a confirmation and all, my reservation checks out on lan peru, didn't charge me a $20 fee, he emailed me my reservation within 2 minutes, the call lasted about 10 mins total. and i rechecked my reservation on just lan.com, it's there

New York
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Peru Domestic flights on the LAN Peru website

btw im a us citizen with a us issued visa card

San Diego...
Level Contributor
254 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Peru Domestic flights on the LAN Peru website

How far do you have to go with the booking process to get the reservation code?

I went up to the part where it asks for credit card information, but did not bother to proceed beyond that, but I don't remember seeing a reservation number anywhere.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
254 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Peru Domestic flights on the LAN Peru website

And ohh....how much did you end up paying (if you don't mind my asking)?

I am getting Lim-Cuz-Jul-Aqp for a total $282 (tax included) and I am just worried that it might cause eyebrows to be raised when I call up the Lan peru 1800 #

San Francisco
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Peru Domestic flights on the LAN Peru website

Good luck Psychoanalyst! Some of us cannot get past the booking part to receive a reservation number. If you are able to do so, I'd love to hear about exactly what you did. There is a lot of info on this site about this issue, & I've done everything suggested from deleting cokies, shutting down my computer etc. & still I cannot past the tracers. Now it's become an "inside job" for me by using someone located in Peru to secure the tickets.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
254 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Peru Domestic flights on the LAN Peru website

Cyblade mentioned that he was able to book the tickets! So, I guess he is the one to unlock the mystery!

Lets see what he says.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Peru Domestic flights on the LAN Peru website

Are you able to read the conditions of the fare in Spanish on the LAN Peru site for your intended purchase? It might be that the very cheapest fares are specials that require immediate purchase. I.E. No reservas and then pagar. Only Pagar. So try to pay, but I'll bet you can't because it won't like your American credit card and the fares are to be purchased inside Peru.

If you're going for a fare that allows reserving and then paying, you'll get the reservations code, then if the credit card doesn't go thru, some people are successfully calling the LAN Peru and even LAN USA number.

And if all else fails try the Peruvian travel agent approach.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,502 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Peru Domestic flights on the LAN Peru website

OK, here goes my detailed version :

It helps a lot to be able to understand Spanish !

First you have to become a Lan frequent flier.You can do this on the USA site.

Go to lan.com Peru site

Select City of Origin and destination, flight dates and number of passengers. Elect return tickets or multicity.

A series of flight option and prices will show up.

Choose the flights you prefer (schedule and prices differ a lot) Some are sold out = agotado

Next they will ask for passenger names.

If you are a LAN frequent flier member you will get an option to only reserve the ticket before you choose the payment method.

This is the reservation number you are looking for to then pay over the phone with yr USA Credit Card.

Pls try this method and comment back.

New York
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Peru Domestic flights on the LAN Peru website

i entered my cc info and clicked submit to get the reservation code, i'm paying 454 for 2 ppl