We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

peruvian airlines tickets

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
peruvian airlines tickets

I am trying to book tickets to the peruvian airlines on-line. Their site doesn't accept any credit card I am trying to provide. Does anyone know a solution?

lj0
Washington DC
Level Contributor
111 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: peruvian airlines tickets

I used Master Card last month and it worked. Maybe their site isn't working right now? Do you need to advice your credit card company to allow the transaction from Peru? Good luck.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: peruvian airlines tickets

Many vendors in Peru, including some airlines, require a VISA card that has been "verified by VISA". You do this by going online at the VISA website, in a separate transaction. May take a day or two to go into effect. Don't know if this will solve your problem or not.

And some vendors may not allow anything but Peruvian credit cards -- don't know if this is the case here. Sometimes, you can make the charge over the phone.

Chiclayo, Peru
Level Contributor
805 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: peruvian airlines tickets

If you're using Visa, you need to enroll in 'Verified by Visa' program. There's a similar program for Mastercard as well. All Peruvian airlines accept foreign credit cards once you've done this.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: peruvian airlines tickets

call/fax them

use a verified by visa card

use an agent pmexplorers.com peruforless.com

if you keep havein difficulty

same price more or less..

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: peruvian airlines tickets

I had a bit of a problem too...If you gonna buy the tickets with a VISA card you have to get the "verify by Visa" service. Go into your bank's website and register to "verified by Visa", then you are suppose not to have any problems. It worked for me.

6. Re: peruvian airlines tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2010, 07:15