We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic airlines Peru

Seattle
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Domestic airlines Peru

I will be travelling to Peru in February. I intend to buy domestic air tickets.from Lima to Cuzco, Cuzco to Arequipa, and Arequipa to Lima. I am having trouble figuring out the reliability of the different airlines. I will only be in Peru for a week and need to have the air travel work efficiently.

Reading the differents posts, it appears that Lan is the best airline but also it rip-offs foreigners. Star Peru has many flights but are they reliable? From what I have been reading, they use old planes. Peruvian Airlines' CEO (and owner) has just been reported to be involved in the drug trade which probably means that this airline might be history. Taca appears to be a decent airline.

Does anyone have an opinion on how reliable the different airlines are. Is it worth to pay the extra money to Lans for the reliability factor?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Domestic airlines Peru

I was in Peru a few weeks ago and we had two internal flights (LIM - AQP and CUZ - LIM) during our two week stay. We flew Peruvian Airlines to AQP and Star Peru from Cuzco to Lima. We had no problems with either airline; both flights took off and arrived on time and were very pleasant. OMG about the Peruvian Airlines CEO - Yikes! Star Peru was cheap and we did not have any problems booking the tickets and no hitches with the flight itself, so you might consider giving that one a try.

Menen, Belgium
Level Contributor
257 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Domestic airlines Peru

I have just received a mail from Lan Airlines letting me know that my Christmas flight is postponed from 00:15 tot 12:45, landing in Lima at 06:50 PM instead of 06:00 AM.

Thanks to Lan I will loose a flight but that's not the point here.

They did not inform me until I wrote them after I discovered while reserving the two seats on the plane map. What would have happened if I didn't write them? I guess I would have discovered it at Barajas.

Peruvian Airlines are reliable, flew Lima - Cusco with them recently.

Star Peru has smaller planes on most flights and many of their flights are delayed, it happened to me several times. Within four weeks time I'll fly with Peruvian Airlines.

Taca is very reliable as well but booking a flight on short notice is quite expensive. I found out that flights on very short notice are cheapest with Lan.

13. Re: Domestic airlines Peru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2011, 05:18