We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peruvian secrets

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Peruvian secrets

has anyone used this company? is the service good

90 replies to this topic
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,713 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peruvian secrets

Why don't you use one of the many local companies recommended on this forum ?

People seem to like to reinvent the wheel

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Peruvian secrets

stick to the well known ones if you HAVE to go on a tour!???

Boston...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Peruvian secrets

Hello there

Well I've never heard about that company.

In my case During our trip to Peru we used a local tour company called Inkandina Travel, i must to say they were helpful with us because we didn't too much time, specialy with the destinations that we had in consideration:

We visited Ballestas Islands, Nazca lines, Arequipa and Colca Canyon, Puno and Titikka lake and obviously Cusco with macchupichu, which we spent almost one week there. in addition we went to PUerto Maldonado because we wanted to see some nature and wild jungle. Perhaps they can costumizea any program. I hope you have a a wonder trip.See you :D

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Ballestas Islands
Ballestas Islands
389 Reviews
Pisco, Peru
Nazca
Nazca
Ica Region, Peru
Arequipa
Arequipa
Arequipa Region, Peru
Colca Canyon
Colca Canyon
4,963 Reviews
Arequipa Region, Peru
Puno
Puno
Puno Region, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Puerto Maldonado
Puerto Maldonado
Madre de Dios Region, Peru
Longdon, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peruvian secrets

We recently used Peruvian Secrets (based in Wales, Britain) and had a fantastic time. We were quite impressed by how efficiently Peruvian Secrets coordinated our 2 week trip by using local guides and really good hotels. We had a nice time and were looked after thoroughly. One of the local guides in Puno went beyond his call of duties when I was suffering from really bad altitude sickness. We were 4 of us travelling and we all found the service to be really professional and prices were really reasonable. I would not mind using them again if we go to Galapagos.

Mentioned in this post
Puno
Puno
Puno Region, Peru
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peruvian secrets

Googled Peruvian Secrets and the travel agency is from the UK and legally registered.

Obviously they will use the services of a peruvian travel agency to make the arrangements for their clients

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peruvian secrets

The only problem, and that I just saw in their website, is that they are selling tours for the year 2008....hmmmm

Edited: 28 February 2011, 22:36
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,713 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Peruvian secrets

Use a Peruvian company and cut off the middle man.

Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Peruvian secrets

Companies often recommended on this forum include Pachamama Explorers, Yure Chavez' Peru Trek 4 Good, Kuoda Tours, Ancient Summit, Peru for Less, Cultural Immersion. This list covers a broad range of cost & type of tour.

You will likely pay more for a company registered in Wales, that will be contracting out to a local agency anyway, so why not cut out the middleman & get more direct service?

Edited: 01 March 2011, 03:44
Mentioned in this post
Pachamama
Pachamama
345 Reviews
Cabanaconde, Peru
Peru
Peru
South America
Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Peruvian secrets

a good well establsihed british company is.... journey latin america.

10. Re: Peruvian secrets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 12:16

Reply to: Peruvian secrets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;