We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A comparison between Lan and AA

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,592 posts
509 reviews
Save Topic
A comparison between Lan and AA

You cannot even compare them as LAN is by far much better on all accounts.

I have just travelled to the USA in AA and returned on LAN.In AA one travels in older planes with no private entertainment and lowsy food service and expensive drinks. With LAN one flies a modern plane with private entertainment and free drinks and much better food. Their land services as well are much better.

And to try to compare them for local services is even worse. With AA we travelled on a 1986 plane ! No food services and expensive drinks plus a charge of $25 for each check on bag which by the way did not arrived to my hotel until 8 hours later.

So, when travelling to Peru I strongly recommend you use either LAN or TACA for a better service and on top, low prices on their local flights, its a no brainer.

Edited: 29 June 2011, 17:35
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A comparison between Lan and AA

We would fly LAN if it were practical. For us, LAN would mean driving 5 more hours each way to a larger airport, and instead of $846 on AA, the LAN ticket would cost $1,819 each for the same itinerary. For that difference, we can take our own food.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A comparison between Lan and AA

Thanks for the feedback, I travelled by AA and I had a tough flight.

3. Re: A comparison between Lan and AA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 22:16