We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canceled flights

CA
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Canceled flights

Has anyone had to deal with Taca and canceled flights to Cusco from Lima? Flights were canceled yesterday but nobody gave us any direction on where to go from there. They just told us to call their phone number to weigh our options. After several attempts to call I was able to get ahold of a taca agent who told me that they were completely booked for today as well. I also called LAN who was completely booked today as well. At this point we have just lost everything because our perurail ticket was due to depart very early this morning and was the service package which included tour, park enterance, lunch, etc. We also had a nonrefundable stay at Tambo Inka that was lost. Is there any recourse for trips that are hosed due to the domino effect of a canceled flight? I don't think our travel insurance will cover this because we purchased it too late. Maybe there is nothing we can do. Anyhow, it feels good to vent. Especially since I should be sitting in a comfortable bed in a nice hotel reminiscing about the beauty of MP. Instead trying to decide on whether to go to Larco or Barranco on a Monday night.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canceled flights

Very sorry! Bad weather does not give you any courtesies it seems! What a pity,

Have you contacted Peru Rail and the Tambo del Inka to check out your options?

Taca should book you on the next flight!!!

You can go to both places or go the LarcoMar for a meal or a drink..

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canceled flights

Did you check flights with www.starperu.com or www.peruvianairlines.pe ?

The bus www.cruzdelsur.com.pe will get you to Cusco in roughly 19 hours or so.

3. Re: Canceled flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 December 2011, 01:54
Edited: 27 December 2011, 01:54
Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,313 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canceled flights

Never mind, I didn't notice you said yesterday. That sucks. I think you should have tried going by bus.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canceled flights

Oh dear, what a shame! It is a risk at any time of year, on top of being one of the busiest weeks of the year for travel. Bad luck. Hope you were able to find a good dinner.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,289 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canceled flights

What a bummer !

Your best bet is LAN asthey have 21 flights a day.

Taca has only 3 a day, but you should insist as well with them.

CA
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canceled flights

Thanks for the suggestions. We were unable to get to Cusco and are heading back to the states tomorrow. Unfortunately, all of the airlines were booked for the following day and we were nervous about pushing it out to the 27th being as how we leave tomorrow (besides the fact that the Perurail and tickets to mp were for the 26th and apparently nonrefundable since I wasn't able to get a hold of anyone on Christmas Sunday to request a change of date prior to the scheduled Monday departure? I haven't gotten a definitive response from Perurail--the hotel Tambo Inka was definitely a loss). Maybe we'll try again in another 10 years.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canceled flights

Very sorry kgeminii, hopefully it will be less than 10 years!

9. Re: Canceled flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2013, 20:46
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Canceled flights

Better Lan.....they have more flights...