We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best flights/route from UK to Lima? In July!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best flights/route from UK to Lima? In July!

Hi All

I plan to fly UK to Lima on July 21st. My girlfriend is a teacher and therefore this is the earliest we can depart. Best flight i can find so far is American Airlines via New York for £986. I would also like to stop in new york for 3 nights on the way back to the UK if this is possible?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best flights/route from UK to Lima? In July!

I always just try the flight search engines. Does not seem to be much logic as to when cheaper flights become available or not, but you can often get them for about 1000U$ which is a bit cheaper. Lan, Iberia and BA codeshare via Madrid to Lima. Normally cheapest buying it through Iberia or Ba though as the same flight bought through LAN normally costs more

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,338 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best flights/route from UK to Lima? In July!

You can stop on the way back if you arrange a multi-city trip (instead of a usual RT).

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best flights/route from UK to Lima? In July!

I went with Continental Airlines and did buy my ticket with a stop in NYC with the same rate, the rate was aprox US1,500.00

I would say that Continental is a little better than American.

Many peruvians living abroad come for the holidays in Peru i.e. July 28th, just a thought.

Happy plannings!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best flights/route from UK to Lima? In July!

The cheapest we found and which we booked was to fly to Amsterdam and then onto Lima with KLM. On the way back home it is with Air France via Paris

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best flights/route from UK to Lima? In July!

The thing is that the OP wants to stay some nights in NYC

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best flights/route from UK to Lima? In July!

I'm in a similar position. We want to go to Peru anytime from end July onwards and are really flexible after this, but we're both at college until end July. Frustratingly flights UK to Lima in June are just over £500 and anytime after this go through the roof!

We'll consider any way of getting to Lima cheaply, but it's so expensive. Part of me thinks we may have to forget it until 2013 when we are flexible with our dates and have no college/uni.

I'll be watching this thread for any bargain flights. I've been using Kayak and Skyscanner search engines daily for the past two months looking for cheap flights :-(

Bridport, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best flights/route from UK to Lima? In July!

Likewise, I'm also looking at options with regard to a stopover, but I was hoping for a week in Florida instead! Anyone managed to do this?

Grateful for info on any potential stopovers for the uk to Lima route.

;-)

jersey
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best flights/route from UK to Lima? In July!

try skyscanner, there were flights £490 return. Cheap as chips!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best flights/route from UK to Lima? In July!

July is high season. Don't put off a purchase assuming you will find an airfare like that by waiting.

Edited: 18 January 2013, 19:01
jersey
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best flights/route from UK to Lima? In July!

Yea, they're already gone!