We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selva Viva Amazon Cruise

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Selva Viva Amazon Cruise

Hello there,

Can anybody tell me if they have cruised the amazon with this boat? We are planning to go in November 2012 to Iquitos and take a cruise from there, but we don't want a very expensive cruise, as long as it is clean, nice and the food is good.

We have been looking at various reviews but have not been able to find anything about Selva Viva.

Thanks for your help.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
214 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Selva Viva Amazon Cruise

Hi Vancouver,

Selva Viva is a budget class boat. It is very charming and has lots of personality, but offers fairly basic accommodations. It is owned by a French NGO which uses the revenues from the cruise operation to fund their activities in the Amazon. The cabins have fans (no AC) and bathrooms are shared.

As for price, it is one of the cheaper options from Iquitos, and will definitely offer you a unique experience along the Amazon. Having said that, there are other boats navigating from Iquitos which offer mid-range accommodations if you want a boat which offers private bathrooms. Hope this helps.

Rainforest Cruises

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Selva Viva Amazon Cruise

Thank you Rainforest Cruises for your reply. Would you know who I can contact to get information about this cruise? I have sent emails to several agencies but have not received any replies. I will try your website and see what I can find. There are 2 of us traveling for sure and probably 2 or 4 more.

Also, when you say there are other mid-range accommodations, would be able to tell me the names of those cruises?

Thank you so much

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
214 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selva Viva Amazon Cruise

Hello Vancouver,

We are happy to assist you with information. We notice you have emailed us directly, so will be answering your questions via email. Best!

Rainforest Cruises

4. Re: Selva Viva Amazon Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 03:16