We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunny Beach Vacations Peru Package

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
49 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Sunny Beach Vacations Peru Package

Has anyone heard of Sunny Beach Vacations out of Pasadena, CA? They are currently offering a package for $1599 including air from Miami, day trips, train ticket, meals, hotels, etc. It sounds almost too good to be true. I haven't been able to find any reviews about the company.

The package was listed on Travelzoo's top 20 this week.

Mentioned in this post
Coconut Creek, Fl
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunny Beach Vacations Peru Package

I would like to know about this company also.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
6 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunny Beach Vacations Peru Package

I have the same question and the same qualms about dealing with this company. Too good to be true usually is, right? Does Travelzoo have any verification of the companies that it lists? I tried the Better Business Bureau, but they have no info online - either in Pasadena or nationwide.

Charleston, South...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunny Beach Vacations Peru Package

I have tried to research the company and am coming up with not much. I am very interested in this deal also but wary. they sent me a credit card authorization form that i'm supposed to fax back but i have not done so yet as i want to know about the company.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
45 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunny Beach Vacations Peru Package

I have never heard of the company either. I would give them a call and try to find out the exact details on what they're offering, the flight to Lima, and especially transportation between the destinations (what kind of bus, van, etc). I would ask them about their company too...it could be just 1 or 2 people operating their own agency. There are no reviews on yelp and I couldn't find reviews anywhere else. The copyright on the bottom of their website is from 2009, so they may have been around for a few years with few customers and no reviews. I would be wary too.

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
49 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunny Beach Vacations Peru Package

I spoke with Richard from Sunny Beach Vacations today. This is what I found out.

They are a comsolidating company that sells packages to travel agents. He was sending me documentation and lists of sales reps that they work with so I could verify this, although I'll need to do my research on those as well.

The package is includes all taxes, fees, guides, trips, etc, however it DOES NOT include the Peru departure tax. This is usually $31 and will be charged by the airport in Peru when leaving Lima for all int'l flights.

Americans do not need a Visa or any immunizations (as long as you don't go into the jungle)

He said I could call the airline to confirm/verify that flight has been booked and paid for after booking, they will have record of the transaction within 48 hours. At booking I will get an email confirmation with names and contacts for all of the guides and companies offering their services within Peru. 3 weeks prior to the trip I will get a packet with tickets and other information.

He also recomended getting travel insurance, based on my age and location it was $110, this covers baggage, cancellation, flight delays, medical insurance, etc. I have two kids so I will probably be doing this just in case.

I was nervous about getting thrown onto a city bus without a guide in Puno, the itinerary shows a bus trip from Puno to Cuzco. This is a guided bus trip offered through a travel company. It is a "luxury" bus and very comfortable to ride in. An English speaking guide will be with at all time.

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Puno
Puno
Puno Region, Peru
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
45 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunny Beach Vacations Peru Package

Sounds like its pretty legitimate and a good deal for the price. Its often even cheaper to make all the reservations separately yourself, although its much more work. My wife and I recently went to Arequipa, Chivay, and the Colca Canyon from Lima. We paid the travel agency $110 for the hotel in Chivay, as we wanted something nice and they said it was the "upgraded" option. When we checked in we found out the price was only $44 a night! We were pretty annoyed to say the least...the hotel was worth $44, but nowhere close to the $110 we paid.

As of 2011 all airport taxes from Lima and Cusco are automatically included in the ticket price. Its no longer an issue at these airports and the collection booths are permanently closed.

Mentioned in this post
Arequipa
Arequipa
Arequipa Region, Peru
Chivay
Chivay
Colca Canyon, Peru
Colca Canyon
Colca Canyon
4,931 Reviews
Arequipa Region, Peru
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
49 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunny Beach Vacations Peru Package

if anyone is thinking about doing this trip let me know, we are tentatively going Nov 29th. I would love to "meet" fellow travelers.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunny Beach Vacations Peru Package

Hi there! I am also looking into this and was wondering if anyone had ever gone on the trip or had officially booked it! Would love any more information that you could provide.

Clayton, Delaware...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunny Beach Vacations Peru Package

Thanks for collecting this information - my friends and I are looking to go the last week in Feb... we were a bit hesitant as well because we were not sure of the quality of what we were getting for the whole price.... If you could post any other information that was given to you by the travel agency - that would be helpful! Thanks!

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
49 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunny Beach Vacations Peru Package

I did book the trip. I got the flight confirmations within a few days and went to the airlines sight to verify that I did in fact have tickets purchased (and I did). I was told that it would take a few weeks to get all of the other documents and they were right. It was about 3-4 weeks when I finally got all of the travel vouchers with the hotel information on them. I got them about two weeks ago and I"m not sure what to do next so I emailed Sunny Beach again. They have organized all of my travel with Domiruth, a travel agency in Miraflores. They will take care of everything from there and send me my final initinerary.

They were pretty accomodating (so far) we added time in Lima and it was only an extra $50/night.

Mentioned in this post
Miraflores
Miraflores
12,910 Reviews
Lima, Peru
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru